Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I don't see Apollo 13 in there... *shot*

I was hoping to suggest a few more, but since the list is only a first draft, I will. :p

[B]The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert[/B] (1994)

[B]Hedwig and the Angry Inch[/B] (2001)

[B]Murder on the Orient Express[/B] (1974)
Posted
[quote name='TimeChaser']

[B]The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert[/B] (1994)
[/QUOTE]

Hugo Weaving, yes. Definitely one of the amazingly under-rated actors around today, though he doesn't do that many films to get recognition for. His delivery is very unique, and along with Leo DiCaprio one of the best actors at conveying complex emotions through facial expression. Excellent.

Speaking of DiCaprio:

Marvin's Room (1996)
Directed by: Jerry Zaks

What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993)
Directed by Lasse Hallström

This Boy's Life (1993)
Directed by Michael Caton-Jones.
Posted
[quote name='Katakidoushi']Oh so you've seen "Shoot em' Up" and you're going to subject yourself to the agony again? You're a brave man.[/QUOTE]

I had a blast watching it. I would LOVE to see it again.

[QUOTE]I don't see Apollo 13 in there... *shot*[/QUOTE]

I've seen that movie [I]way[/I] too many times.

Well, maybe I'll see it once more before the New Year. ;)

I'll take a look at your other suggestions.
Posted
[b]Enemy At The Gates[/b] - A great movie about a sniper battle between Russia's and Germany's best snipers during Stalingrad in WW2.

One of my fav movies, have fun with the goal!
Posted
[quote name='Matt']I've seen that movie [I]way[/I] too many times.

Well, maybe I'll see it once more before the New Year. ;)

I'll take a look at your other suggestions.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well as long as you've seen it at all, that's fine. :animesmil It's my favorite movie, so I always recommend it and watch it every time it gets played on TV.

And thanks. :)
Posted
[quote name='Matt']I had a blast watching it. I would LOVE to see it again.
[/QUOTE]

Besides Plan 9 From Outerspace, Glen and Glenda and Batman and Robin, Shoot Em' Up is the worst movie I've ever seen. I know what it was going for: over the top senseless action, but it came off so campy and unneccesary it was its own worst enemy. Horrible.

But that's just how [I]I[/I] feel.
Posted
Just a suggestion, because I'm not sure if there will be anything worth while out this time next year. You should plan on making your final movie a new release at a theater. I think it would be the way to end it in my opinion, or better yet because I'm not sure if you started already or not, but make your first and last movies something out of the theaters. I don't know, could be something neat to add.

Oh and by the way are you planning on giving us reviews of all your movies?
Posted
[quote name='Katakidoushi']Besides Plan 9 From Outerspace, Glen and Glenda and Batman and Robin, Shoot Em' Up is the worst movie I've ever seen. I know what it was going for: over the top senseless action, but it came off so campy and unneccesary it was its own worst enemy. Horrible.

But that's just how [I]I[/I] feel.[/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] It was mindless entertainment. Anyone who'd want to watch it more than once might be going a little overboard.[/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...