OtakuBoards

Top Games of 08

Magus

This is coming from IGN. They have a bunch of categories, so I'm only going to list the games the got for game of the year. (That consoles game of the year) Feel free to share your thoughts, your lists or whatever.

[b]Best Xbox 360 game[/b] - [i]Fallout 3[/i] got this, beating out Dead Space, Gears of War 2, Grand Theft Auto 4, and Prince of Persia.
(The only game I've played out of this list was Gears of War 2, so I don't know much about the others.)

[b]Best Xbox Live game[/b] - [i]Braid[/i] took this beating out Bionic Commando, Castle Crashers, Portal: Still Alive, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix.
(I don't even play games online so I really have no opinion on the matter.)

[b]Best Wii game[/b] - [i]World of Goo[/i] beating out Guitar Hero World Tour, de Blob, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
(I only played SSBB, and even then, I don't have much of opinion here either since I don't play the Wii either.)

[b]Best PS3 game[/b] - [i]Metal Gear Solid 4[/i] wins. Beating out Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, Little Big Planet, and Resistance 2
(Even though I've never touched the PS3, I saw that coming a mile away, though I was expecting Little Big Planet to take it, especially hearing all the talk about it.)

[b]Best PC game[/b] - [i]Sins of the Solar Empire[/i]. Beating out Fallout 3, Grand Theft Auto 4, Left 4 Dead, Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning.
(Um, yeah, no opinion here either. Don't play PC games.)

[b]Best DS game[/b] - [i]The World Ends With You[/i] wins beating Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Guitar Hero: World Tour, Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, Space Invaders.
(I didn't even know Ninja Gaiden came out this year. I thought it came out last year for some reason. In any case, I haven't played any of them.)

[b]Best PSP game[/b] - [i]Patapon[/i] wins beating Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7, Echochrome, God of War: Chains of Olympus, Space Invaders Extreme.
(I certainly would like to have a PSP just to try out some of these games.)

There you have it. If you want to see all the other categories then you can go there.... [url]http://bestof.ign.com/2008/index.html[/url]

Fallout 3 was a good game but I got stuck cause of a bug, Dead Space was good and frightened me a bit. Gears of War 2 was fun but seemed a little like a filler for another Gears. Now I didn't like Grand Theft Auto 4, it got boring fast.

Braid looks like found but I never got to play it as for the others I didn't really play them either.I played world of goo on the pc and it was fun, so I guess that it was the best of the wii games so far.

Little Big Planet was so much more fun and I think it should have won instead of MGS4. I play some pc games but not really any of the ones on there but Left 4 Dead but that wasn't as good as I thought it should have been.

The world ends with you is a great game and I love the fighting with two chars on the top screen and bottom screen thing. From what I heard Patapon was a great game and I'm trying to borrow from my friend to play it.

All in all the list isn't that bad out of the choices that were there but I think their could have included some better ones. Braid and World of Goo are great indie games that are a lot of fun and I'm happy to see they won something.

Apparently there was a Best PS2 game selection. It was just buried within the large list of categories of PS3 selections..

Best PS2 game: [i]Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4[/i] wins beating out Arcana Heart, Kingdom Hearts RE: Chains of Memories and Yakuza 2.

I'm still trying to get my hands on Persona 4, and I don't know if I'm going to even bother with the Kingdom Hearts game. I don't like the idea of adding cards into a game like that. I don't know much of anything about the Yakuza games. It just looks like it's similar to the Grand Theft Auto series, and I'm not into that series.

Fallout 3 should've won all categories; I don't care what category it was, Fallout 3 should've won it.

GTAIV was hyped up too much, and it seemed to fall so short of expectations, and yet, like every GTA title, the fanboys continued to deepthroat Rockstar and take a crap on anyone who thought the game wasn't the greatest game of '08. Ugh, it was like Halo all over again...

Best Xbox-live game was definitely Portal: Still Alive. IGN is retarded if they say otherwise. Left 4 Dead should've won runner up for Best PC Game, only to be eclipsed by Fallout 3.

I didn't get around to playing LBP so I can't really make a call, but from what I hear it's awesome. Either way, even if it wasn't great, it still should've beaten MGS4.. MGS4 was a crappy game.

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]All I can really comment on is TWEWY for the DS, and I have to agree that it desires that spot. The art, the music, the gameplay, the overall style...there's not a lot that you can really complain about unless you dislike using the DS's stylus.

Oh, and Brawl iz the best gaem eva n shoud hav one da Wii spot >:{ [/fanboy][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]