OtakuBoards

Comparison for a Wii game.

Draco

Hiya fellow Otaku Board posters, If anyone on here has a Nintendo Wii. Can you help me decide which game wold be best. Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero World Tour?

Please I need to know which would be more worth my hard earned cash.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Both games are excellent and have features that the other doesn't boast (GH has customizable riffs and songs, whereas Rock Band does not). It's really up to you which one to buy. Either one is gonna cost a fortune, however....at least for the whole set of instruments. I'd say if you already have Rock Band 1, then go ahead and buy the second Rock Band, so it'll save you money. If you don't, then might as well shed tears now for your soon to be gone money.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]I can't really compare the two, since I don't have GHWT and haven't gotten a chance to play my friend's copy of it. But I have RB2 and I love it. There's a lot of great tracks on the disc (84 tracks total), plus there's 20 free downloadable tracks available. There's also some pay-to-download tracks available so far with tons more on the way; all the downloadable tracks available on the 360 and PS3 will gradually be released for the Wii version.

The instruments are really high quality. Switching from a GH guitar to the RB2 guitar takes some getting used to, since the strum bar and frets feel a lot different, but it's worth it. The RB2 strum bar is [i]so[/i] much better for double strumming, I can't imagine going back to a GH guitar now.

I can't compare the drums since I've never used the GHWT set, but I've heard bad things about it not being properly calibrated out of the box and the red pad being defective a lot. The RB2 drums are great, though, and I haven't had any problems with them yet. The bass pedal is metal reinforced, unlike the RB1 set, and the pads are quieter and have better bounce to them. The only downside to the RB2 drum set is that it won't work with the Wii version of GHWT.[/color]

• 1 month later...
Actually, I'd go ahead and pick up the Guitar Hero World Tour bundle, and then later pick up the Rock Band 2 disk. In my opinion, the Guitar Hero guitar is far better than the Rockband guitars any day, and the drums I think comes down to a matter of opinion. However, if you purchace the Guitar Hero set, you can use the instruments to play ANY Guitar Hero game for Wii, as well as RockBand 2. Rockband instruments do not play Guitar Hero games on the Wii. You can't play the older RockBand games for the Wii, but those are so abysmal they're not worth getting. Both games have thier pros and cons. I think that RockBand 2 has a nicer look to it, while Guitar Hero seems to have more of a "hardcore" experience. Plus, Guitar Hero is coming out with Metallica and Greatest Hits later this year, so that's more songs for you (TTFATF Returns!).