OtakuBoards

Character guessing game

Drizzt Do'urden

I was thinking of a new game based on something I had posted awhile ago. The rules are simple;

1.) I will give a few clues about a character from either movies, television, videogames, or a real life person.

2.) The category will be given in the first post along with a small set of clues.

3.) Anybody playing can give [B]1[/B] guess at the answer.

4.) If nobody guesses correctly after 24 hours I will post another clue and so on until somebody gets it right.

5.) The first person who guessed correctly will be adderssed in a post and will be allowed to take over the role as "host", giving the category and clues.

Failure to comply by the 1 guess per clue set will result in your guesses being canceled out until somebody else guesses correclty and takes over.

I know this isn't a typical discussion thread, but I do believe it will be a lot of fun if we get enough participants.

I will go ahead and start:

Category: Anime Character

(For future reference, the # of clues you give is up to your discretion. To avoid a person's turn taking a week, try and give at least 3 clues to open thigns up.)

#1- I weild a sword as big as a man

#2- I command a group of raiders

#3- My sword was only broken once during a full season of my show

Good luck, next clue to come at 12:30 A.M. EST

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"]I going to go with the main character in Berserk. Guts? I've never seen the show, but a Dreamcast review of a Berserk game. He comes off more of a serious war hero type than a reckless one man unstoppable force that you tend to see with giant swords.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Well we have a first round winner it looks like. [I]Desertphoenix[/I] was correct, I apologize for not giving a second clue, but I didn't want to just go in and edit my post with the hopes that enough people are going to check.

The correct answer was Guts from [B]Berserk[/B], it's now desertphoenix's turn. In case phoenix hasn't gone in 72 hours, I'll pm one of the others who guessed to take over his turn. (If 72 hours doesn't seem fair then I can adjust it a bit).

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Verdana]Sweet, because I almost went with Alexander the Conquer, but yea…

Three days is a good and generous enough amount of time. I would go with two in my opinion, but I guess that’s just my impatient side talking.

Anyways, back to the game.

Category:[COLOR=black] cartoon/[/COLOR]Comic book character

#1- My only motive is to avenge the name of my family.

#2- Little do I know, my two greatest enemies are one and the same.

#3- I am no commoner; I always work with class.
[COLOR=black]
Day 1 edit:

No guesses. I'll just assume people are playing it safe.

#4 Ironically, I am always ready for a rainy day.[/COLOR]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Hmm, I like Batman as an answer, but it wasn't what I was looking for:animeswea.

Although, I'm going to give it to Chibi anyway. What I was looking for was [B]the Penguin[/B]. He had pride in his family's wealth, Batman and Bruce are the same guy (I think he has something against Bruce), and finally always has an umbrella:animesmil.

I thought it would had been too easy if I gave an umbrella as a clue too early or clearly, so I went with what I thought was other defining characteristics. oh well.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='desertphoenix'][FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Hmm, I like Batman as an answer, but it wasn't what I was looking for:animeswea.

Although, I'm going to give it to Chibi anyway. What I was looking for was [B]the Penguin[/B]. He had pride in his family's wealth, Batman and Bruce are the same guy (I think he has something against Bruce), and finally always has an umbrella:animesmil.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Oh cool I'm a winner. Thanks. And I'd never have guessed the Penguin.

Hmm... I need to think of a good one. Okay I know. And I bet you won't.

Catergory: Cartoons

#1. My father left me half of his record company and his estate when he died

#2 My boyfriend has no idea that I'm the other woman he's in love with

#3 I seem to be constantly in fights with pizzazz

okay if no one guesses by this time tomorrow I'll throw in a new clue. Bon chance![/color]

[color=#9933ff]Day two. No one's made the right guess yet... okay so I only have one guess. So here's a new clue:

#4.) Ever since I found out about the other thing my father left us, life's been truely outrageous. At least that's what my sister says.

Okay that was a corny and long clue. But maybe it'll help[/color]

[quote name='Dragonboym2'][COLOR="Blue"]I got the feeling of who it was since the first post you made.
It's "JEM".
Yeah, I grew up in the '80s.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Sorry for the delay, I didn't feel good last night. But anyways, Dragonboym2 is the winner. Outrageous.

And now you can watch that show on Youtube and turn it into a drinking game[/color]

[COLOR="Blue"]And now it is my turn to take control of this game.

Catagory:anime character

1. I leave my foes seeing red.
2. My rival is like a white ghost. Most times he beats me, even with my skills.
3. I fight for the ideal of humanity's new home as preached by my departed father.

[/COLOR]