Drizzt Do'urden Posted January 21, 2009 Posted January 21, 2009 I was thinking of a new game based on something I had posted awhile ago. The rules are simple; 1.) I will give a few clues about a character from either movies, television, videogames, or a real life person. 2.) The category will be given in the first post along with a small set of clues. 3.) Anybody playing can give [B]1[/B] guess at the answer. 4.) If nobody guesses correctly after 24 hours I will post another clue and so on until somebody gets it right. 5.) The first person who guessed correctly will be adderssed in a post and will be allowed to take over the role as "host", giving the category and clues. Failure to comply by the 1 guess per clue set will result in your guesses being canceled out until somebody else guesses correclty and takes over. I know this isn't a typical discussion thread, but I do believe it will be a lot of fun if we get enough participants. I will go ahead and start: Category: Anime Character (For future reference, the # of clues you give is up to your discretion. To avoid a person's turn taking a week, try and give at least 3 clues to open thigns up.) #1- I weild a sword as big as a man #2- I command a group of raiders #3- My sword was only broken once during a full season of my show Good luck, next clue to come at 12:30 A.M. EST
ChibiHorsewoman Posted January 22, 2009 Posted January 22, 2009 [color=#9933ff]I don't know why but I want to say Bankotsu from InuYasha, except that InuYasha wasn't his show and I'm not sure if the Shinchin Tai were considered a season or just a quick story arc. Yeah that's probably wrong[/color]
desertphoenix Posted January 23, 2009 Posted January 23, 2009 [COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"]I going to go with the main character in Berserk. Guts? I've never seen the show, but a Dreamcast review of a Berserk game. He comes off more of a serious war hero type than a reckless one man unstoppable force that you tend to see with giant swords.[/FONT][/COLOR]
Humaru Posted January 23, 2009 Posted January 23, 2009 Im going to go with Sanosuke Sagara from Rurouni Kenshin! I do recall his sword being broken once and he stopped using it really and he was called Captain Sagara for the longest! Man I hope I get this right!
Drizzt Do'urden Posted January 23, 2009 Author Posted January 23, 2009 Well we have a first round winner it looks like. [I]Desertphoenix[/I] was correct, I apologize for not giving a second clue, but I didn't want to just go in and edit my post with the hopes that enough people are going to check. The correct answer was Guts from [B]Berserk[/B], it's now desertphoenix's turn. In case phoenix hasn't gone in 72 hours, I'll pm one of the others who guessed to take over his turn. (If 72 hours doesn't seem fair then I can adjust it a bit).
desertphoenix Posted January 23, 2009 Posted January 23, 2009 [COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Verdana]Sweet, because I almost went with Alexander the Conquer, but yea… Three days is a good and generous enough amount of time. I would go with two in my opinion, but I guess that’s just my impatient side talking. Anyways, back to the game. Category:[COLOR=black] cartoon/[/COLOR]Comic book character #1- My only motive is to avenge the name of my family. #2- Little do I know, my two greatest enemies are one and the same. #3- I am no commoner; I always work with class. [COLOR=black] Day 1 edit: No guesses. I'll just assume people are playing it safe. #4 Ironically, I am always ready for a rainy day.[/COLOR] [/FONT][/COLOR]
TwistedChick Posted January 25, 2009 Posted January 25, 2009 *would be guessing but doesn't know much about teh comic books* >.<
ChibiHorsewoman Posted January 25, 2009 Posted January 25, 2009 [color=#9933ff]I'm just going to say Batman. No reasoning or anything. Just BATMAN.[/color]
desertphoenix Posted January 26, 2009 Posted January 26, 2009 [FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Hmm, I like Batman as an answer, but it wasn't what I was looking for:animeswea. Although, I'm going to give it to Chibi anyway. What I was looking for was [B]the Penguin[/B]. He had pride in his family's wealth, Batman and Bruce are the same guy (I think he has something against Bruce), and finally always has an umbrella:animesmil. I thought it would had been too easy if I gave an umbrella as a clue too early or clearly, so I went with what I thought was other defining characteristics. oh well.[/COLOR][/FONT]
ChibiHorsewoman Posted January 26, 2009 Posted January 26, 2009 [quote name='desertphoenix'][FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Hmm, I like Batman as an answer, but it wasn't what I was looking for:animeswea. Although, I'm going to give it to Chibi anyway. What I was looking for was [B]the Penguin[/B]. He had pride in his family's wealth, Batman and Bruce are the same guy (I think he has something against Bruce), and finally always has an umbrella:animesmil.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE] [color=#9933ff]Oh cool I'm a winner. Thanks. And I'd never have guessed the Penguin. Hmm... I need to think of a good one. Okay I know. And I bet you won't. Catergory: Cartoons #1. My father left me half of his record company and his estate when he died #2 My boyfriend has no idea that I'm the other woman he's in love with #3 I seem to be constantly in fights with pizzazz okay if no one guesses by this time tomorrow I'll throw in a new clue. Bon chance![/color]
Aurgelmir Posted January 26, 2009 Posted January 26, 2009 Uhhh, I dunno. Catwoman?:animestun Really dunno....
ChibiHorsewoman Posted January 27, 2009 Posted January 27, 2009 [color=#9933ff]Day two. No one's made the right guess yet... okay so I only have one guess. So here's a new clue: #4.) Ever since I found out about the other thing my father left us, life's been truely outrageous. At least that's what my sister says. Okay that was a corny and long clue. But maybe it'll help[/color]
Drizzt Do'urden Posted January 27, 2009 Author Posted January 27, 2009 Wow chibi, I'm really stumped. I have a guess but I think I'm going to wait on one more clue....
ChibiHorsewoman Posted January 28, 2009 Posted January 28, 2009 [color=#9933ff]Okay, third night and still no guesses. Man... I wonder if this would work better with women around my own age? [spoiler]This was an unintentional hint[/spoiler] That said, here's the fifth clue: 5.) One of my phrases was Showtime Synergy. Yeah I [i]had[/i] to put that in[/color]
Dragonboym2 Posted January 28, 2009 Posted January 28, 2009 [COLOR="Blue"]I got the feeling of who it was since the first post you made. It's "JEM". Yeah, I grew up in the '80s.[/COLOR]
ChibiHorsewoman Posted January 29, 2009 Posted January 29, 2009 [quote name='Dragonboym2'][COLOR="Blue"]I got the feeling of who it was since the first post you made. It's "JEM". Yeah, I grew up in the '80s.[/COLOR][/QUOTE] [color=#9933ff]Sorry for the delay, I didn't feel good last night. But anyways, Dragonboym2 is the winner. Outrageous. And now you can watch that show on Youtube and turn it into a drinking game[/color]
Dragonboym2 Posted January 30, 2009 Posted January 30, 2009 [COLOR="Blue"]And now it is my turn to take control of this game. Catagory:anime character 1. I leave my foes seeing red. 2. My rival is like a white ghost. Most times he beats me, even with my skills. 3. I fight for the ideal of humanity's new home as preached by my departed father. [/COLOR]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now