Guest Steiner Posted January 11, 2002 Posted January 11, 2002 does every one know that sony now owns 20% of sqauresoft
Charles Posted January 11, 2002 Posted January 11, 2002 Yeah, that's old news now. Sony is now the second largest shareholder of Square. They did it because of the big hit in profit Square took from relying too heavily on the Final Fantasy series. Hopefully we'll see some more original blockbuster titles now....
SephirothNIN Posted January 11, 2002 Posted January 11, 2002 Hmm.....I think Sony only bought 18 or 19% of Square, I remember hearing somewhere that 20% was the most you can buy in a company w/o having decisive power or something. Anyway they own enough to keep squaresoft in their corner, which is good enough for me.
Guest Steiner Posted January 11, 2002 Posted January 11, 2002 it wasnt because of the series is was because of the movie.
Charles Posted January 11, 2002 Posted January 11, 2002 I consider the movie as part of the Final Fantasy franchise. Consider also, that when a company decides to make only one quality game a year, they're bound to suffer losses.
Guest Shift Posted January 11, 2002 Posted January 11, 2002 [SIZE=3]I think it really is 20% of the company. It just came out in Gamepro Magazine this month[/SIZE] :demon:
Buckeldee Posted January 16, 2002 Posted January 16, 2002 Just wondering if anyone heard of a supposed FF GBA version. I heard it somewhere but doubt the sources credibility. I love FF but won't buy a PS2. Money is tight for me as i need to buy a car, lessons and save up for university.
Charles Posted January 16, 2002 Posted January 16, 2002 Anything you hear about a GameBoy Advance Final Fantasy is just speculation as Square hasn't officially announced it. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it....
JCBaggee Posted January 16, 2002 Posted January 16, 2002 Personally, I think us loyal PS1 owners who can't afford a PS2 should get another Final Fantasy...it doesn't have to be part of the series, just another game in that vein.
Zero-Sama Posted January 19, 2002 Posted January 19, 2002 It's not serprising that sony wants to own some of squaresoft,As the Final Fantasy Series have gone over so well,But i wonder what will happen when Final Fantasy is sold.....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now