OtakuBoards

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Magus

[IMG]http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/sven/blog_photos/large/a5fffd925a1d940d347bed355f801672.jpg?v=107550[/IMG]

We're probably aware of it already. (I'm pretty certain Street Fighter fans are aware of it that's for sure XD) Anyway, as seen in the pic, it's coming for both XBLA and PSN.

I'm happy about this, but at the same time I'm a bit sad because I'm not a supporter of XBL or PSN, (Nor Wiiware or whatever it's called.) and I wanted this for the PS2. The upside is that it beats out tossing out $80-$200 for a cd.

I suppose I could probably try to con my sister into making a XBL account or something.. "shrugs". Err.. Games that are sold on XBL. The prices don't go up on them do they? I'd be a happy camper if the price stays the same forever....

[size=1]I'm beginning to hate these tags[/size].

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]I say con your sister. I?m sure some of us here will help you out with that. Playing this online against others is something worth risking your sister?s trust.:animesmil

The actual disks of MvC2 might go down in price since news of this release if you are still interested in getting this for your PS2. I?m not an economic genius, so I couldn?t tell you how well Supply and Demand works when digital distribution is in the equation. Downloading is for sure cheaper than buying a disk, and I think only gets cheaper as time passes on. But I would really recommend getting it on XBL or PSN for a few reasons. First of all the characters will be available from the start. Trust me; grinding was an annoying time sink. The biggest reason I say for getting it on XBL or PSN is just for the online play, because after a while I know you are going to want to fight more human opponents.

Either way I really hope you get the chance to enjoy this game.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't pick this up for XBL. The only game to have decent netcode with XBL that was a fighting game was Virtua Fighter 5. With Marvel's twitch reactions and execution heavy combos (read: Magneto's Rom infinite combo) any sort of lag will royally eff you up. Also, you get those rank hunters that will pull the plug the minute it looks like they're going to lose. That's what I've been getting with Street Fighter IV.

As far as I know, the prices don't go up for this kind of stuff. If anything, they might go down. But as far as even FINDING a copy of MVC2, good luck to you. I found one and it was for the XBox and it was 60 bucks for a game that is over 5 years old.

Now, I don't want to sound like I'm bashing MVC2, because I really love the game. I just don't see the point in going online to deal with laggy netcode, trash talkers, or plug pullers. But don't let my skepticism sway your opinion ;)[/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Now, I don't want to sound like I'm bashing MVC2, because I really love the game. I just don't see the point in going online to deal with laggy netcode, trash talkers, or plug pullers. But don't let my skepticism sway your opinion ;)[/FONT][/QUOTE]
Oh, no, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm completely against playing games online because of all the stuff I've heard about them. (Mainly the trash talkers who whine after getting beat.) The only reason I'd really consider getting this game is because of the pricetag. Other than that, I have no intentions on playing this game (or any games for that matter) online. It's just that I don't really know how XBL or PSN really work. Do you need to pay to make an account? How are you suppose to pay for these games? Things of that nature.

When I said that I wanted this for the ps2, I meant I wanted a remake.. :) (Not sure if remake is the word I'm looking for) Pretty much like how Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga has been remade and has a decent price for a change...

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Garamond"]I think you can just download the game through the XBL Silver account, which I think is free to set up. I've never done it before, but I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft asked for credit card info anyway. You can't play against anyone on it, but I think that is irrelevant to you:animeswea.

I guess I didn't take in consideration of all the wonderful cons of online gaming, but at least you still get all the characters from the start and the possibility of extra stuff in the future. I guess I can see this being a con if you wanted to have the experience of earning all of them instead of just receiving an already completed game. I dunno.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Garamond"]edit: forgot how to explain paying for the game it self

I think there are two ways to pay for the game when it comes out. You can buy Microsoft points from a Best Buy or etc. to get enough points to download the game of XBL. Or, you can just download from XBL which I think will be charged to a credit card used to make the account. Not 100% sure for the second method.[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Setting up an XBox Live account (Silver) is free and as far as paying for things goes, I've always paid with Microsoft points. It's not too hard to purchase them either. Hell you can always buy them directly from Bill Gates himself, lol.

I'm not against playing fighting games online. I loved playing Guilty Gear X2 #R online for XBox Live, although it got pretty laggy. The thing I have against MvC2 is the thug-tastic community it has. No lie, people have been stabbed and beat up for trash talking or even simply winning at this game. The crowd is just horrible and as much as I love this game, I don't want to be a part of that scene.[/FONT]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]It's really that bad? I've never really paid attention to the competitive scene. Kinda reminds me of a story where a man was beat down and mugged for his items when he was at a lan MMO event. Sad really.

My only experience with an online fighter was with Soul Caliber 4 while I was at my friends house. Most of my matches where strangely quiet. All I remember was a moan when a guy accidentally slid off the stage. There was a lot of lag most of the time a played with made it practically impossible to block or parry in time.

I guess different games can bring different crowds.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]