OtakuBoards

holiday...

Kittie

[SIZE=1]A bank holiday is something they have in Ireland where the kids don't go to school and all of the government buildings are closed. I have no idea why they have these crazy days or why they are called bank holidays though. My friends Digital Monster told me about them, but I think they have them in other parts of the world and not just Ireland.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]in the US of A it means... a day the banks and g'vment officals have the day off... xmas, tkzgiving, easter, mostly BIG holidays, labor day, memorial, vetrans, july 4th... anytime the bank is closed is called a bank holiday! lol... silli gurl didnt know ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

the next on is the 21st of january 2002 ;)

[B]They Exist in England as well Shyguy. They used to be days when the banks and anyone working in the government/councils etc. got a day off. Now it's spread to a lot of people getting days off at certain important days in the year[/B]

I love Bank Holidays..... :tasty: Day off school..... All the shops are shut/closed..... Stay home all day watching T.V..... Nahaha, it's the best life you could ask for while you're in school, like now..... But if you have a job, and you need the money, it's not such a good idea..... :sleep: Ah crap, I'm dozing off..... :rolleyes:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Elite DBZ [/i]
[B][B]They Exist in England as well Shyguy. They used to be days when the banks and anyone working in the government/councils etc. got a day off. Now it's spread to a lot of people getting days off at certain important days in the year[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

uhhh, yeah.... 'important'.... thats why we call most of em 'bank holiday monday' or maybe there is a name but v. few people know them.