OtakuBoards

Create a Dream Band.

HopscotchEyelid

[center][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]As I was searching through threads in the Sight and Sound category,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed] I didn't see any thread about this.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]I thought it would be fun to create a thread about a dream band. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][I][U]Here are some guidelines:[/U][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[LEFT][LIST]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1]Name the instruments, and describe their sound as best you can, unless your dream band is a vocal-only band.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1]Describe the vocal style, unless your dream band is instrumental.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1]Try to describe the melody of the of songs.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1]Try to name the genre, and if their isn't a name for it, or it is blend of genres, give it a name (be creative). [/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1]Have fun.[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][/LIST][/LEFT]
[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]If you wish to create a dream band by combining your favorite band members, then go ahead. I only ask that you follow the guidelines.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][U][I]My dream band would consist of the following:[/I][/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[LEFT][LIST]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Very Down-tuned, distorted, and crunchy guitars. Two guitarists, both of them switching between lead and rythm roles.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Bold and very low-pitched bass, which compliments the crunchy guitars.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]A mixed vocal style, two vocalists. One with a range in sounds from high-flying, pretty, and clean vocals, to a very demonic, and low-pitched growl. Similar to that of Christian Alvestam (ex-Scar Symmetry, Miseration, and Solution .45). I would want the other one to do any higher pitched screams, and deeper clean vocals. Similar to Jeff Hatrix (Mushroomhead, Solo, and Hatrix). The reason for two vocalists is one, harmony, I really like the layered vocal styles, and two, to make sure that harmony was real, and could be pulled off in live shows.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]A very moderate drum pattern. Not an overload of double-kick bass, but not too simple either. I like the snares to be of medium-high tightness, and the bass drums and toms to be hard-hitting. I would want symbols to sound metallic, and be kind of strained.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Dark keyboard sounds, with a few higher pitched parts would be ideal for a dream band. I would want them to sound kind of thin, and not bold. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Some electronic sounds, to add intensity. Like Linkin Park and Abingdon Boys School do, but darker sounding.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]A mixture of heavy, mellow, and moderate songs would be perfect.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[*][B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Melody wise, I like sophisticated, yet easy to remember melodies. The kind that seems familiar when you've never heard it before. Technicality is always needed to, as I wouldn't want the switch between the highs and lows to be forced. A blend of the growls/screams and singing would have to be there too.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/LIST][/LEFT]

[B][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]I would call the genre: Ripwing Art Death.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[/center]

[B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3](-Boukaju-)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[color=royalblue][size=1]

[b]Vocalists/Lyrcists:[/b]

Leo Miller of [u]Animosity[/u]
Mitch Lucker of [u]Suicide Silence[/u]
Oli Sykes of [u]Bring Me The Horizon[/u]

[b]Guitarists:[/b]

Frank Costa of [u]Animosity[/u]
Lee Malia of [u]Bring Me The Horizon[/u]

[b]Bass:[/b]

Dan Kenny of [u]Suicide Silence[/u]

[b]Drums:[/b]

Alex Lopez of [u]Suicide Silence[/u]

[b]Production Team:[/b]

Jay-Z
3OH!3
Vincent Bennet of [u]The Acacia Strain[/u]

[b]The Sound[/b]:

Brutal, fast-paced, balls to the wall death metal and hardcore filled with complicated rythmns, gut-busting breakdowns, and vocal battles in the vein of The Beastie Boys using the three best vocalists in the genre.[/color]

Add all that together and you have a band I would sell my soul to.[/size]

Your just trying to find ideas for your band arent you?

For my band: a set of turntables and/or a beat machine, a drumset with a ported and solid bass drum, lead and bass guitar, keyboard and dijerido.

Music: a multi-genre attack, mainly a rapp/rock combo like Areosmith and Run-DMC did, like lame Wayne and whatever band ha had got to play did. Given a Gorillaz type sound with a bit of House or techno, hint of Lady Sovereign, and MF DOOM.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][B][U]Vocalists[/U][/B]
[B]Pete Loeffler [/B]- Chevelle
[B]Tommy Rogers[/B] - Between the Buried and Me
[B]David Marion & Adam Fisher [/B]- Fear Before
[B]Johnny Davy [/B]- Job for a Cowboy (for pig squeals)

[B][U]Guitarists[/U][/B]
[B]Synyster Gates[/B] - Avenged Sevenfold
[B]Tim Miller[/B] - Protest the Hero
[B]Michael Keene [/B]- The Faceless (He sweeps then uses a pinch harmonic at the end of the sweep, which is awesome)

[B][U]Bassists[/U][/B]
[B]Dan Briggs[/B] - Between the Buried and Me
[B]Michael Todd [/B]- Coheed and Cambria
[B]Brandon Giffin[/B] - The Faceless (As a bassist I respect bass sweeps, which Brandon is a god at)

[B][U]Drummer:[/U][/B]
[B]Blake Richardson[/B] - Between the Buried and me

[B][U]The Music:[/U][/B]
An onslaught of screams and growls by Tommy and the guys of fear before combined with the brutal pigsqueals of Johnny will back up the great melody and raw emotion Pete Loeffler conveys in his music, plus a few hollers and shouts from him. The guitars would wail crazily, with sweeping at every corner combined with fierce solos that an crush a person's ears. Every so often there will be a breakdown complete with a bassline and mad bass sweeping from Brandon. And as the music gets louder and louder Tommy will interupt with his random melodic singing as he plays the keyboards, while Blake keeps the beat going in a brutal, yet beautiful fashion. After every few tracks there will be a random ballad that ends with all the vocalists screaming and growling because that would sound cool.

The band will be named [B]"A Dead Cowboy in a Car Buried Faceless" [/B]only because long song/band names rule.[/FONT]

[quote name='Jax Rhapsody']Your just trying to find ideas for your band arent you?

For my band: a set of turntables and/or a beat machine, a drumset with a ported and solid bass drum, lead and bass guitar, keyboard and dijerido.

Music: a multi-genre attack, mainly a rapp/rock combo like Areosmith and Run-DMC did, like lame Wayne and whatever band ha had got to play did. Given a Gorillaz type sound with a bit of House or techno, hint of Lady Sovereign, and MF DOOM.[/quote]
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
No, my friends tastes and my tastes are too different to make a descent sound in my opinion. If I was going to create a band, seeing what people like would help, and I would probably have done this.

I would like to create music, I just don't have the money for the equipment as of now. I would probably just do solo if I ever did do music, and play something like what I wrote above. I'm not great at all those instruments, but I am a quick learner, and like to experiment with art.

What's a Dijerido?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B](-Boukaju-)[/B]

• 2 weeks later...