OtakuBoards

theO Issues & Suggestions

bokchoyjialu

[FONT=Arial Narrow]I only looked on the first page to see if any of what I'm going to say has been said before, and I didn't see them. Plus since some of the issues I want to address are apparently still around, I'm assuming they haven't been mentioned. So here they are.

[B]Issues:
[/B][/FONT][LIST=1]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]At theO, new comments are organized as 'X new comments (X new replies)' at the Backroom. What bothers me?and I'm sure other people as well?is that it will say that there is a new comment when that new comment is by you. Say you have 1 new reply by another user, and then you reply to that person. If you return to your backroom, it will say '1 new reply'. When you go see that "new" comment, you find out it's your reply to that other user. I find this kind of annoying, and I hope it will be fixed.[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]Also in the page which lists new comments/replies, in the 'Comment Replies' section, the link to the replier's portfolio doesn't work. Since it only gives a snippet of the comment, it doesn't show everything the user said. And when I click on the snippet, the comment box doesn't even send you to the right portfolio (yes, this issue is usually only applied to when other users reply to you in their or someone else's portfolio other than yours). So instead, I have to type in the address bar the link to that person's portfolio... which could get tiring.[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]When you modify a post, artwork, or anything that you've already submitted, I wish that it will stay on that same page [for modifying] so that in case anyone wants to further make changes, they don't have to constantly select which art piece or post, etc. that they want to make changes to, and keep cycling in that manner. It gets really annoying, especially for someone like me who likes perfection and I'm trying to find a suitable design for my World, let's say for example, and I'm trying to test different colors, and so on.[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]Now, in comment boxes [for when you leave a description for your fan art, wallpaper, etc. or are creating a post for your World], when you make special changes to your text, such as making selected text bold, italic, or adding a smiley, you immediately get sent back to the top. Now this could be really irritating, since I post my stories in my World, and they're usually really long that when I get sent back all the way to the top of the comment box, I have to take the time to scroll back down to where I left off to continue to make any further changes.[/FONT][/LIST][FONT=Arial Narrow][B]Suggestions:
[/B][/FONT][LIST=1]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]I would like to know who favorites my stuff, so I could perhaps thank them, or any reason anyone might have for wanting to know this piece of information. So maybe a link could be added to 'X members' next to '[B]Favorited[/B]' and send you to a page that lists the users who favorited whatever it is they favorited.[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]Having a record of who dedicated art to you. Same like having a page that lists who favorited what. It makes us feel good and we could remember who those people are.[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]In the inbox's 'Sent' folder, instead of having the column with 'Sent By', I think it would be better if it was changed to 'Sent To'. I mean, I think it would be obvious messages were sent by us. When I look back at messages and try to figure out something out, it's easier to know from looking at the page who the message was sent to instead of clicking every message I've sent to find out. (The same applies to when you open the message.)
[/FONT][/LIST][FONT=Arial Narrow]I don't know how clear I was on all this, but... I really hope all this gets noticed. ^^; I think it would help the community a lot.
[/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="navy"]Hmm so let's see.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='bokchoyjialu'][FONT=Arial Narrow]I only looked on the first page to see if any of what I'm going to say has been said before, and I didn't see them. Plus since some of the issues I want to address are apparently still around, I'm assuming they haven't been mentioned. So here they are.

[B]Issues:
[/B][/FONT][LIST=1]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]At theO, new comments are organized as 'X new comments (X new replies)' at the Backroom. What bothers me—and I'm sure other people as well—is that it will say that there is a new comment when that new comment is by you. Say you have 1 new reply by another user, and then you reply to that person. If you return to your backroom, it will say '1 new reply'. When you go see that "new" comment, you find out it's your reply to that other user. I find this kind of annoying, and I hope it will be fixed.[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]Also in the page which lists new comments/replies, in the 'Comment Replies' section, the link to the replier's portfolio doesn't work. Since it only gives a snippet of the comment, it doesn't show everything the user said. And when I click on the snippet, the comment box doesn't even send you to the right portfolio (yes, this issue is usually only applied to when other users reply to you in their or someone else's portfolio other than yours). So instead, I have to type in the address bar the link to that person's portfolio... which could get tiring.[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]When you modify a post, artwork, or anything that you've already submitted, I wish that it will stay on that same page [for modifying] so that in case anyone wants to further make changes, they don't have to constantly select which art piece or post, etc. that they want to make changes to, and keep cycling in that manner. It gets really annoying, especially for someone like me who likes perfection and I'm trying to find a suitable design for my World, let's say for example, and I'm trying to test different colors, and so on.[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]Now, in comment boxes [for when you leave a description for your fan art, wallpaper, etc. or are creating a post for your World], when you make special changes to your text, such as making selected text bold, italic, or adding a smiley, you immediately get sent back to the top. Now this could be really irritating, since I post my stories in my World, and they're usually really long that when I get sent back all the way to the top of the comment box, I have to take the time to scroll back down to where I left off to continue to make any further changes.[/FONT][/LIST][/quote]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="navy"]1) Yes I agree with you on that. It's kind of weird to see your own comment on the "comments" list. However, I do see that sort of thing with Myspace and Facebook and it's really a small thing, so just seeing your comment on there isn't too too big a deal looking at it.

2)Yes you are right. I tested this myself and it sends you back to theOtaku's main page. Good find there.

3) While this is certainly annoying, going back and forth to make something perfect is only a minor inconvience. It'd be cool if theOtaku would take a page off of myspace's book and let you preview your page as you are editing it. That'd be nifty.

4)Sounds like a script error. I tested this and it does happen to me sometimes, but not all times. A suggestion I would make to you is to just type out your tags if you want to post something in bold, italic, or put a url on it. That way this doesn't happen and you can continue on your merry way.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote][FONT=Arial Narrow][B]Suggestions:
[/B][/FONT][LIST=1]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]I would like to know who favorites my stuff, so I could perhaps thank them, or any reason anyone might have for wanting to know this piece of information. So maybe a link could be added to 'X members' next to '[B]Favorited[/B]' and send you to a page that lists the users who favorited whatever it is they favorited.[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]Having a record of who dedicated art to you. Same like having a page that lists who favorited what. It makes us feel good and we could remember who those people are.[/FONT]
[*][FONT=Arial Narrow]In the inbox's 'Sent' folder, instead of having the column with 'Sent By', I think it would be better if it was changed to 'Sent To'. I mean, I think it would be obvious messages were sent by us. When I look back at messages and try to figure out something out, it's easier to know from looking at the page who the message was sent to instead of clicking every message I've sent to find out. (The same applies to when you open the message.)
[/FONT][/LIST][FONT=Arial Narrow]I don't know how clear I was on all this, but... I really hope all this gets noticed. ^^; I think it would help the community a lot.
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]See, this is how someone should suggest things to be changed. Thank you for the input. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][quote name='bokchoyjialu][FONT="Arial Narrow"]At theO, new comments are organized as 'X new comments (X new replies)' at the Backroom. What bothers me?and I'm sure other people as well?is that it will say that there is a new comment when that new comment is by you. Say you have 1 new reply by another user, and then you reply to that person. If you return to your backroom, it will say '1 new reply'. When you go see that "new" comment, you find out it's your reply to that other user. I find this kind of annoying, and I hope it will be fixed.[/FONT][/quote]The system isn?t set up to filter out comments based on a member?s user name. It has been brought up before, but whether or not it?s going to be possible or warrant the time needed to fix it is another matter. It is on our current list of suggestions though.[quote=bokchoyjialu][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Also in the page which lists new comments/replies, in the 'Comment Replies' section, the link to the replier's portfolio doesn't work. Since it only gives a snippet of the comment, it doesn't show everything the user said. And when I click on the snippet, the comment box doesn't even send you to the right portfolio (yes, this issue is usually only applied to when other users reply to you in their or someone else's portfolio other than yours). So instead, I have to type in the address bar the link to that person's portfolio... which could get tiring.[/FONT][/quote]Actually, we?re already aware of this particular issue. It?s not something that is easily fixed since the comment system is rather complex. Another issue that has to be tackled before this can be seriously considered is tracking down a site speed/glitch so some links and searches are in the process of being reassigned, and until that process is complete, this kind of thing can?t be addressed. However, like the other item you listed, it too is on our list of things to address. [QUOTE=bokchoyjialu][FONT="Arial Narrow"]When you modify a post, artwork, or anything that you've already submitted, I wish that it will stay on that same page [for modifying] so that in case anyone wants to further make changes, they don't have to constantly select which art piece or post, etc. that they want to make changes to, and keep cycling in that manner. It gets really annoying, especially for someone like me who likes perfection and I'm trying to find a suitable design for my World, let's say for example, and I'm trying to test different colors, and so on[/FONT].[/quote]The concept of having a preview page is under consideration. [QUOTE=bokchoyjialu][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Now, in comment boxes [for when you leave a description for your fan art, wallpaper, etc. or are creating a post for your World], when you make special changes to your text, such as making selected text bold, italic, or adding a smiley, you immediately get sent back to the top. Now this could be really irritating, since I post my stories in my World, and they're usually really long that when I get sent back all the way to the top of the comment box, I have to take the time to scroll back down to where I left off to continue to make any further changes.[/FONT][/quote]We?re also aware of this too. Until we?re able to get this addressed, you can use IE for typing up long posts that need formatting. Unlike Firefox, it does not jump back to the beginning of the post. It?s not the best solution, but it is a decent workaround that can be used for now. [QUOTE=bokchoyjialu][FONT="Arial Narrow"]I would like to know who favorites my stuff, so I could perhaps thank them, or any reason anyone might have for wanting to know this piece of information. So maybe a link could be added to 'X members' next to '[B]Favorited[/B]' and send you to a page that lists the users who favorited whatever it is they favorited.[/FONT][/quote]This is also on our list of wanted features and suggestions from members. [QUOTE=bokchoyjialu][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Having a record of who dedicated art to you. Same like having a page that lists who favorited what. It makes us feel good and we could remember who those people are.[/FONT][/quote]This was partially addressed by setting it up so people would receive a pm anytime a work was dedicated to them, though I do agree that having a list so you could see it all at a glance would be nice. Not sure how that would work, but I?ll add that to the list of features people would like to see. [QUOTE=bokchoyjialu][FONT="Arial Narrow"']In the inbox's 'Sent' folder, instead of having the column with 'Sent By', I think it would be better if it was changed to 'Sent To'. I mean, I think it would be obvious messages were sent by us. When I look back at messages and try to figure out something out, it's easier to know from looking at the page who the message was sent to instead of clicking every message I've sent to find out. (The same applies to when you open the message.)[/FONT][/quote]We?ve had this brought up as well so it?s on the list of things people would like to see. Thank you for the suggestions and input, it?s appreciated.

Also, just to let you know, right now we have two rather large items being dealt with that take priority. The first being the site speed/glitch I mentioned and the second a game that Adam is currently putting the finishing touches on so it cant be released. Once those are dealt with, then Adam will have time to look into working on more of the suggestions that have been put forth. [/COLOR][/FONT]