OtakuBoards

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Magus

[color=navy][size=1]It's been a little lacking in topics here lately.

[quote name='Description']Nathan Drake is back, and more uncharted than ever as he attempts to uncover the mysteries behind Marco Polo's lost fleet and the Himalayan valley of Shambhala. Featuring cutting edge graphics and design, this action-adventure game blends the line between cinema and gaming like never before. Explore exotic locales and encounter deadly enemies as you embark on the adventure of a lifetime.[/quote]

I haven't paid much attention to the first game at all because I just thought it was a Tomb Raider clone and, I didn't care for that series at all. But the "movie-like" effect has pretty much hooked me. The game's not due till October 13 (next week I believe) and the game is already racking up 9's all across the board. (It's been doing that for about 2-3 weeks now.)

Anybody else anticipating this game as much as I am? (Even though I won't get the chance to play it)

[url=http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14225971/uncharted-2/videos/uncharted2_gmp_trainbattle_1_091509.html][i][u]Train Ride part 1[/u][/i][/url]

[url=http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/14225971/uncharted-2/videos/uncharted2_gmp_trainbattle_2_091509.html][i][u]train ride part 2[/u][/i][/url]

Graphics are pretty amazing if I say so myself. And Drake is quite the character.[/size][/color]

The game looks incredible and it may be one of the few games I will be getting this year.

I?ve been playing the multiplayer demo for a while now and its pretty fun. There were a number of different modes, but the most fun I had was playing a mode called ?Gold Rush? that was somewhat similar to Gears of War?s ?Horde Mode?. You team up with two other players and try to survive ten rounds of intense gun battles while trying to capture a treasure in each round.

But really, I?m mostly interested in the single-player campaign. I hear it?s a lot longer this time around. The multiplayer modes are a nice bonus, though. I can?t wait!