Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
When I go to theOtaku using Firefox the display of the pages have recently been messed up. Images will not appear and worlds don't seem to load properly. Yet when I used the site through internet explorer everything works fine.

I was just wondering if I'm the only one with this problem and possibly how to fix it. I tried clearing private data and scanning the computer and nothing has changed. I also have updated Firefox to the latest addition.

Some Examples
Firefox Display
[URL]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/firefoxtheotaku.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/firefoxtheotaku2.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/firefoxtheotaku3.jpg[/URL]

Internet Explorer Display
[URL]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/internetexplorer3.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/internetexplorer2.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/BillyIdolFan14/internetexplorer.jpg[/URL]
Posted
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Doesn't seem to be a problem for me, and Firefox is my primary browser. Is it possible your Firefox files are corrupted somehow? If so, you may need to delete and reinstall it.

I'd wait for a second opinion on this one, though. I'm not much of an expert on the subject.[/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR=Blue]Is it just an issue with theOtaku or are images not displaying everywhere? I know you said you already tried clearing your private data but did you make sure everything was checked and you set your time range to Everything? This might be a little excessive but it would be a definitive test.

As a point of reference, I'm also having no issues with the site using Firefox.
[/COLOR]
Posted
Its just with theOtaku. That is one of the reasons I didn't think at first that the files could be corrupted on firefox. I'll try clearing the data again cause its always possible to miss something. If that does not work then to reinstall Firefox. On my laptop theOtaku comes in fine on firefox.
Posted
[COLOR=Blue]It seems unlikely that reinstalling Firefox would help in this instance since this isn't happening everywhere. However, it definitely couldn't hurt so if you want to give that a shot, go for it.

As one other quick test, you can try to force Firefox to reload the page from the server by pressing Ctrl + F5. Clearing your cache should force that to happen anyway but like I said before, something may just not have been checked off originally.

If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know.
[/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="#862A51"]This is a shot in the dark, and while I didn't see the icon on your screenshots, I figure I might as well hazard a guess.

Do you happen to have AdBlock on Firefox? Did you happen to block something on theO? It might have blocked other stuff or you might have accidentally blocked something and not realized it.

Anyway, if you do have AdBlock, I'd try disabling that on the site to see if it works. If you don't, though, then I'm clueless. ^^;[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
Thank you all for your suggestions but unfortunately none of them worked and I decided not to reinstall firefox. If its some how spreads to affect more sites then I might just have to. For now I'll use internet explorer of theOtaku.
Posted
[COLOR=Blue]There is one other thing you can check. Not that it makes sense that this would be the case but I suppose it could have been set by accident or without you knowing.

Under Options > Content, there's an option labeled "Load images automatically." That should be checked as you're seeing images on other sites. Click on "Exceptions..." and just make sure that theOtaku isn't listed there with a status of "Block."

Again, this isn't likely the case and I'm sorry that this still isn't working for you. I'm not sure what else could possibly be causing this though. Good luck!
[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Petie'][COLOR=Blue]There is one other thing you can check. Not that it makes sense that this would be the case but I suppose it could have been set by accident or without you knowing.

Under Options > Content, there's an option labeled "Load images automatically." That should be checked as you're seeing images on other sites. Click on "Exceptions..." and just make sure that theOtaku isn't listed there with a status of "Block."

Again, this isn't likely the case and I'm sorry that this still isn't working for you. I'm not sure what else could possibly be causing this though. Good luck!
[/COLOR][/quote]

I can't believe this but that end of being the problem. How it got on the block list I don't know. Maybe my dad somehow put it there or something when he was using the computer. Thank you for your help.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...