OtakuBoards

Intersections: Backstage.

Sara

[size=1][b]For the time being, participation in the main thread is by invitation only. There is no sign up. Those who have been invited to post know who they are.[/b]

[url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=60858]Intersections [Main Thread][/url]

We start with Carol. A few people are mentioned, indirectly, in her story. Pick any person mentioned (a customer at her unspecified job, someone at the bus stop, a person at the coffeeshop she's going to), and write a little bit about them. At some point, that person's story should intersect with Carol's. It can be at the beginning, middle, or end of your post?that doesn't matter. What matters is that in some way, the two stories meet.

That's what this project is about.

There are two guidelines for each post:
[list]
[*][b]The person you write about must have been mentioned (explicitly or otherwise) in a previous post.[/b]

[b]Example[/b]: If a post about "John" mentions that he accidentally spilled the coffee of a girl named "Sally," you may write about Sally. (You could also write about the person who had to mop the floor afterward.)

[*][b]Your post must contain a reference to the person/interaction in said previous post.[/b]

[b]Example[/b]: If you are writing about Sally, she should at some point have her coffee spilled by John. It can be as explicit as a post entirely about the coffee incident, or as subtle as an offhand mention that she needs to do laundry tonight because her blouse has latte all over it.[/list]

[b]Additionally[/b]: Since it is likely that this story will progress in a non-linear fashion, it may be useful to provide a link to the post with which you are intersecting. Something like:
[quote name='Template][size=1][b][New character][/b] intersects with [url=http://otakuboards.com/showpost.php?p=846542&postcount=1][b]Carol[/b][/url'][/size][/quote]

There are no other rules, and there is no posting order. Feel free to jump in whenever you would like. You can branch off of any character mentioned (or implied) in any post. It may get a little confusing at first, but I think, with time, we'll be able to find a focus for our little web of stories.[/size]

I'm working on one, should be done in the next couple of days. I doubt it would interfere with any other posts though.

Edit: Sorry, I have tried several times to write a piece for this story but the tale in my head is just not translating to written word correctly. Please, if anyone is waiting on me, go right ahead and post.