OtakuBoards

Pandora's... ...box?

Raiha

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Having decided to celebrate the New Year and a reasonably fast internet connection again, I finally broke down and registered for Pandora.

Have you?

What are your top stations?

Did you sell out and get a subscription just so you wouldn't see adverts ever again?

I have so far only set up Anberlin Radio and am considering adding Claude Debussey for a more refined less guitar driven sound. But considering I've only had this thing for.... .....18 hours, that doesn't seem so bad. I'm considering a subscription in the next pay period at work.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]I generally only ever listen to Pandora when I'm writing, cleaning, or doing some other task that requires background music.

I wouldn't ever pay for Pandora because they give you 40 free hours of music per month, which is a ton. That, and I ain't no stinkin' sellout.

My stations:

Smiling Faces Sometimes Radio
Don't You Want Me Radio
Joker Radio
Bon Iver Radio
Utah Phillips Radio
DJ Screw Radio
Gogol Bordello Radio
Serj Tankian Radio
Walk On The Wild Side Radio
Beck Radio
DJ Shadow Radio
Justice Radio
Klaxons Radio
Ultramagnetic M.C.'s Radio
JME Radio
Mindless Self Indulgence Radio
Out Of Space Radio

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 6 months later...
[quote name='Raiha' date='02 January 2010 - 12:48 PM' timestamp='1262450911' post='688725']
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]
Did you sell out and get a subscription just so you wouldn't see adverts ever again?
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[/quote]

[color=indigo]Never.

One thing about Pandora that irks me is that every now and then they'll throw a song or artist onto your station that clearly doesn't fit. Sorry, but if I am listening to a station created around The Shins, it should be fairly obvious that I don't want to hear Led Zepplin, especially not Stairway. Don't get me wrong, I dig Zep, they just aren't really aren't terribly similar to The Shins.[/color]