OtakuBoards

The People

Kyrian72

[center]~[I]I once dreamed about a time when I could walk through my garden and see things growing, but alas like all good dreams this one came to an end. Every morning I wake to see my beloved lands drawing closer to my home[/I]~ [/center]
[RIGHT]
-The last passage from the Queen's Journal[/RIGHT]

Sadly within days of that passage being written the King and Queen vanished, and in their place was a terrible leader, who cared little for the lands he had inherited. Under his rule The People's lands fell into a deep depression and ruin.

Families were torn apart, children were forced to live in the streets to do whatever it takes to stay alive. And for the families that weren't separated Monsters, Plagues, and the Dark Lord's guards killed at will.

It is finally once again the time for hero's to rise up to the challenge to defeat this impossible enemy. So gather all who dare, you are being called forward to save your lands.

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

The People:

[COLOR=Blue]The Water People[/COLOR]: These are the people that were turned to when it came to the health needs of the peoples. They used to master in offensive and defensive water magic, but sadly the longer the people suffer the less magic that they have. It is to the point where the only magic they have is to help with wounds during battle.

[COLOR=Sienna]The Woodland People[/COLOR]: All the people that hail from the Woodlands have a partial appearance to the animals of the world, be it fox ears, or a wolves tail. Throughout history these people were called on as spies, seeing as they formally had the option to change their appearance to that of the animals they looked like.

[COLOR=SandyBrown]The Plains People[/COLOR]: These are the hunters of the lands, the live on the grasslands around the world and have the biggest connection to the earth. The magic is more in their appearance, they are small and light on their feet. Story tellers say that these people used to be able to run with the wind.

[COLOR=DimGray]The Cave People[/COLOR]: These people hardly leave their cave lands, instead they choose to spend all their time mining for the pressures metals, and stones that the Dark Ruler needed so much. All the time spent underground has caused these people to hardly be able to see during the day, so to make up for it they wear special blindfolds that help them to see above ground. A long time ago they had had the abilities to be able to dig through solid work just by their minds.

[COLOR=Silver]The Mountain People[/COLOR]: These are the only people who have no magic, but they are all the better for it. Their village is forced to used the mined minerals to make the Dark Kings weapons, and in return for their services the Mountain People have learned how to better make thier weapons.

Name: [Be a little creative, Bob is not a good name. This is like an ancient time]
Land you hail from: [Pick a land]
Appearance: [Picture or well written is awesome]
Special Powers: [Again all The People have suffered power losses so nothing god like]
Weapons: [Pretty basic, what do you fight with]
Written Snippet: [Just to give a bit of a feel for the character. Try to make it to the point of your character setting out.]

[center]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center]

Name: Mila
Land you hail from: [COLOR="Blue"]The Water People[/COLOR]
Appearance: [URL="http://www.tokyopop.com/ugc/5/5/0/9/3/u//images/2732333.jpg"]http://www.tokyopop.com/ugc/5/5/0/9/3/u//images/2732333.jpg[/URL]
Special Powers: She can heal small wounds, but if she is near a body of water she is able to heal larger wounds,but it is physically draining for her to do so.
Weapons: She uses two small daggers.
Written Snippet:
Mila stared up at her village elder, he is the one that they would all turn to for anything, including when one would be allowed to leave the village.

"Mila, I know you feel abandoned after your parents were taken, but you need to find the strength inside of you to go and do what you can for the village."

She nodded softly, since her parents capture by The Guards she hadn't spoken much, "I understand."

He waved is hand in her direction, signaling her dismissal. She quickly bowed, and stepped out of his hut. She carefully made her way over the lily pads that lead to her own hut. It would only take her a few minutes to gather what she would need for the coming adventure.

She stepped off the final lily pad, and stood for a few seconds on the lake shores edge, looking over her village. She was hoping that all her people would still be there when she came back.

Name: Cassandra
Land you hail from: [COLOR=Silver]The Mountain People[/COLOR]
Appearance: She constantly changes appearances but for now, her hair is black and has chocolate brown eyes. She wears a white tank top and loose, dark green jogging pants. A black cloak-which always smelled of blood- always covers her figure. She carries a backpack full of robbed items and money, and two knives.
Special Powers: She can turn into a shadow and slip through every other shadow, which makes her a very good robber. If she doesn't go back to her human form in at least half an hour, she'll be trapped in her shadow form forever. And if she happens to be in sunlight while in her shadow form, she has a good chance of dying, and because of the power losses, her shadow figure can be felt.
Weapons: two throwing knives
Written Snippet:

Cassandra despised the leader. The people's pleas were always looked over. And therefore, she had to live by stealing other people's items.

She sharpened her first knife over a fast rolling stone, orange sparks flying.

Cassandra didn't like stealing, she just had to live with it. But she could kill if it was needed. This was, after all, the survival of the fittest. She ground her teeth and sharpened her other knife.

Cassandra felt like exploding. She'd kill him the second she'd see him.