OtakuBoards

Curve balls of life

DeathKnight

[color=deeppink]One week ago, my grandmother had a seizure. This demolished her; scattered her brain so much that, when she finally could speak again two days later, she thought it was 1979, she was eleven years younger, and she couldn't remember me. She's regained her clarity, but she still can't see properly and she's too weak to walk.

Apparantly, the cancer she was diagnosed with a year ago has spread to her brain. She has weeks to live.[/color]

Jesus, what a thread. I'm so sorry to hear about your house, DK; your cat, Pumpkin; and your grandma, nerdsy... and everything... everyone else. DWEA especially. Keep posting! You'll find nothing but love and support on these boards.... (if you find anything else, let me know... and I'll sort them out.)

I had a lot to complain about five to ten years ago but I've stitched myself up and I'm having a great time right now. I am aware, however, that I am who I am today because of the hardships I faced previously, and I base a lot of my happiness on not taking things for granted any more. Even when the only thing left in life to count as a blessing is that I am still alive.

Hey, DrixDZanth - I'm hoping to become a med student next year! I find out in August.

Feel like this needs summing up with a corny phrase like, 'celebrate life!' or something. But I am not going to do that.

[color="#008000"]Well I found out via telephone my mother almost killed my father who I love dearly. My grandfather died, I'm going into the Guard, my uncle had a stroke. These were all things that happened in the last four months, It's a little tough. [/color] Edited by Botar