OtakuBoards

Passion Pit

Raiha

[center][img]http://allthingsgo.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/passion-pit.jpg[/img]
[/center] [font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]

Okay so Passion Pit really isn't THAT weird of a name. But their album 'Manners' has me geeking out. It's not often an album is produced that has me gleefully listening to every song but sometimes it happens, and sometimes I am thrilled.

This is one of those times. The electronic tinges, four on the floor beats, and unique vocals with actually somewhat interesting lyrics are confusing me. Normally I'm not this excited by music. But the band itself, I've found, has made a strong showing. Pandora took it upon itself to fill my Electric Feel (Justice Remix) radio with every song they've ever produced including random radio singles.

Has anyone else heard of them or am I alone?
[/color][/size][/font] Edited by Raiha

"Manners" was a great album. IMO much better than their first EP, "Chunk of Change." For some reason I really got stuck on their song "Swimming in the Flood".... I know it's not even the best song on the album but I guess it was just one of those songs I get sucked into. Other than that, I can't really recall the titles of their other songs (lol, except "Sleepyhead" which I imagine as some sort of drug trip in the form of a song), just that it's was an awesome album to listen to. I think the entire album is hit or miss for people. If you don't like the first one you hear, you probably won't like the rest, and vice versa.

Anyways if you like them (well PP is actually pretty unique to me, but just in case you're not too familiar with other well-liked indie artists) you might also like Animal Collective (if you're not sure where to start, the song "My Girls"), Of Montreal, Daft Punk (although I'm sure you already like them if you're listening to Justice hehe). Phoenix is like a more pop-like electro indie band ("1901," "Lisztomania")

OK I'll stop now because you probably already know all of these bands lol :| Edited by eleanor

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]Actually Animal Collective is new to me, but I'm pretty sure Pandora will whip it out eventually.

Glad though that you mentioned Phoenix. The radio station I mentioned also cranks them out and several of the rather good remixes (I thumbed down the rest). Pet Shop Boys is also apparently high up there on the replay list. I'm not sure why now that I think about it...
[/color][/size][/font]