OtakuBoards

Playing With Fire: OB Version

Solayo

Hello. Uh, this is the first (and only) RP I've created (so far), but this is a sort of rehash. The original was in the WDX (World Domination X) forums. Nothing's changed from the original except maybe the flow of the story and the cast of characters. I hope to start a fresh RP soon... =^_^=

I just hope this doesn't suck lol.

-------------------------------------------------

Setting and Story:
This is set in a world where guns have become sentient and are using humans in order to try and build a new order. Not all of the guns agree with this though, and they form a group opposing their fellow guns. This RPG is about the Gun Wars, the clashing of the two sides.

Note Concerning the World of Playing With Fire:
- this world is very, very fictional. and it's quite impossible even (in our world sense...)
- different places can be modeled after different time periods (e.g. one place can be like England in the Middle Ages while another place can be like modern-day Japan)
- basically, we, the ones who are in this RPG, make the world as we go along... when we introduce a new place, we give the name, and then a description
- but if at some point we go back to a place already introduced, make sure the "time period" of the place is still consistent, unless something really drastic happened. *coughplacespecifictimemachinecough*
- *if any other stuff come up, I'll add them here*

Note Concerning Guns:
- any kinda type of gun can be used (but don't make a supergun please... that's godmoding... although you CAN use a "futuristic" gun, like one with lasers...)
- in the absurd world of Playing With Fire, Guns don't obviously look like guns. they take on a different object's form (hence "Form" in the character sheet... let your imagination go wild! hehe...)
- the gun can transform to a more gun-like form if you want it that way
- well, actually this is an idea for a comic and i thought of giving the guns a sort of human appearance thingy in the scenes when they talk to their humans...and so i gave them genders...hahaha...

Note Concerning Humans:
- if a Gun hasn't completely taken over his/her Human, then the Human still has the option of going against the Gun
- a Human can be of any age, as long as he/she can still be able to handle a Gun
- Humans need not really be "human"... at least, not in appearance
- Humans aren't perfect and/or absurdly stereotypical...

Note Concerning Gun-Human Relations:
- usually Guns completely take over Humans, unless there's something preventing them, like strong will or something...
- there can be male-male, female-female, male gun-female human, and female gun-male human pairs (well, those are probably the only possible ones... unless there are those with no distinct "gender")
- Guns and their Humans can talk to each other through some sort of telepathy. Ordinary Humans can't overhear their conversations if they talk like this.
- if a Gun wants to talk to an ordinary Human, he/she can use his/her Human to talk
- Guns have a link to their Humans' brains so they always know whether their Humans are hungry, thirsty, going to pee, etc.

Some Leftover Characters From My Comic/Fighting Game Idea:
*you can use these if you want. if you're gonna use these, you can change some stuff if you want...*

absurdly large fan laser cannon - performer in a Chinese circus
psigun (a gun soul thingy using a telekinetic human to fire telekinetic bullets)??? - high school student
high heel...gun... (can't think of a type...) - dancer
gatling guitar case - traveling guitarist
a toy gun that shoots acid (that doesn't melt the toy...o_O) - a grade school student

Character Sheet

*picture of Gun and wielder*
Name: <- this is for the Gun
Type: <- what kind of gun is it?
Form: <- as said in the notes above, Guns are not gun in form, but rather take something else's form
"Gender":
Position: <- put here if your character is pro-Gun, pro-Human, or neutral
Gun's Bio/Description:
Human's Name/Age/Gender/Occupation:
Human's Bio/Description:

My Character...

Okay, so these are merely concept sketches...nothing serious. I say that because I have difficulty drawing people in the middle of teenage years and adulthood.

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/yoroi-kun/Playing%20With%20Fire/jacquel_and_hayden_full_body.jpg[/IMG]
From left to right: Jacquel, Hayden's gun form, Hayden as he appears in Jacquel's mind

Jacquel is not in his usual clothing here... I just drew it so there would be some sort of parallelism between Hayden and Jacquel. For Jacquel, just take away the top hat (or something), open the overcoat, and wear the tie on his inside clothing. It might look too warm, but he's from a rather cool/cold place, so there.

Hayden looks like a hobo lol. He also kinda reminds me of the Earl of the Millenium (D.Gray-Man). Weird.

Sketches/color reference???
[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/yoroi-kun/Playing%20With%20Fire/hayden_face.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u257/yoroi-kun/Playing%20With%20Fire/jacquel_face.jpg[/IMG]

Name: Hayden

Type: rifle

Form: a rather oversized black umbrella

"Gender": male

Position: pro-Human

Gun's Bio/Description:
He and Jacquel met each other in a store that sells umbrellas. He was abandoned by a Human who got scared of him and he was waiting for another Human to come to him and become his host. Jacquel, at that time, was doing his usual buy-an-umbrella-every-two-weeks thing and was looking for another unusual umbrella. He was found by Jacquel and, upon thinking he was a very unusual umbrella (black umbrellas are close to nil in this world), Jacquel attempted to take him off the rack thingy in order to check his price. But as soon as he was held by Jacquel, he made a link to his mind and told about his situation to him. Jacquel was reluctant at first but then agreed to be his Human.

He thinks that Guns have no right to rebel against Humans because Humans made Guns to protect themselves. This is not really a conviction for him though, since he thinks that he might have thought this way because of his form, which is an umbrella, which is supposed to protect people. This is also the reason he is more of a defensive fighter than an offensive one.

He has a tendency to want to be dominant but he still can't take over Jacquel's self. Because of this, Elline can't really tell that something about her brother has changed. Real can sense him though, and often bites him (the umbrella).

His umbrella cloth can resist bullets (believe it or not) but not much cannon-type fire, and he can be opened for use as a shield. He has regular fire when closed, but has a beam-like cannon fire when open.

Human's Name/Age/Gender/Occupation: Jacquel/24/male/tutor (heehee, Jacquel was 20 in the original, but I figured it was somehow too young...)

Human's Bio/Description:
He's a peace-loving young man whose last thing on his mind is to wield (or be wielded by) a Gun. He might be a bit timid, but he can be courageous when the situation calls for it. He doesn't have much experience with shooting, but he is surprisingly strong, as he can carry and use Hayden with only one hand (despite Hayden being supposed to be a two-handed weapon). He also knows a bit of fencing, in case he needs to engage in hand-to-hand combat. He has an older sister named Elline and a pet dog named Real, both of whom he cares for very much. He also has a penchant for collecting umbrellas, which led to his *unfortunate* meeting with Hayden.

Alright! Let's get this thing going! =^_^= Edited by Solayo

[quote name='Shy' date='18 June 2010 - 02:32 AM' timestamp='1276799554' post='695478']
Do the guns.... talk?

-Shy
[/quote]
Yeah, but with a sort of telepathy thing. Something about that is in one of the notes somewhere up there. Sorry if you can't find it. Edited by Solayo