OtakuBoards

Get Sharp!

Raiha

Similarity Dissipation  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which band does The Limousines most closely resemble, stylistically anyway?

• MGMT
    • Phoenix
    • Passion Pit

[font="Times New Roman"][size="3"][color="#9932cc"]So "Get Sharp" released yesterday and now that I've had enough time to crank up my energy sucking subwoofers and blast them loud enough to register with old Russian spy satellites, I can safely say that I do enjoy this latest/newest/first actual album produced by these two insane morons. They're from the Bay Area for one, which is nice for me, I like supporting local bands. And they play at Popscene, which is a local venue I'd like to see survive into the future wherein I have enough money to go to actual concerts.

They're available for download legally anyway, on iTunes, and I really do recommend it. Very high listenability and repeatability, as the 'sounds that annoy you to death' are not as present here as they are in other electropop style bands. "Very Busy People" was on the radios out here for a long time, and that's probably what turned me on [haha] to the band. As such my current favorite song is one that was featured at BFD 2010, a rather big local grouping of bands that had all the good musical talent of the Warped Tour and Burning Man, without the copious drugs and old people.

Current favorite song by them: "Internet Killed The Video Star."

And after spellchecking this entry, I can safely say that I'm gushing. Oh well. Hmph.
[/color][/size][/font]

[color=indigo]Your post prompted me to check them out (you can stream most of their album on MySpace). I enjoyed them, but I couldn't really decide which band they sounded most like. I think they sound a little more poppy then the three bands you mentioned, at least that is the feeling I get from their synth/keyboard riffs. If I was in the Bay Area I'm sure I would catch them every chance I could, I have a feeling that their shows would be pretty awesome.

I loved the video for "Internet Killed the Video Star", it was wonderful. [/color]