OtakuBoards

Breakdown Refusal

Blue

[center] Side note: I'm not sure if you would call this a poem. In my mind it's something that is supposed to be sung. I feel that it is more suited to the blues, classic metal or symphonic folk metal.

About the work: I came up with this last night. The theme and ideas presented in this are about inner conflict. It's about losing to depression and overwhelming negativity but at the same time finding a way to resist it all. It's a battle between overbearing emotions and the human logic, the human fighting spirit to not cave in. What motivated me to write is was a recent event in my personal life. Things we're going so well, life was looking to look up for me. I was getting closer to the woman I love but events beyond my control shattered most of my hopes and aspirations. I start this with "We start again at the same place as back then" because it seems like the exact same situation as before. There are so many strikingly similar circumstance from back then and now and I can't help but feel it's reoccurring. But in the end it's not about moving on, but it's about not giving up and facing adversity even in your time of weakness. Regardless. I hope you will take the time to read it and possibly enjoy it. I would love to hear some feed back and criticism, perhaps your own feelings if you can connect to it. Thanks for reading.
[/center]

[center]We start again at the same place as back then
The air begins to grip you tight
And your chest begins to implode
It's an onslaught of melancholic invasion

You must resist and fight this vile scene
Take hold of reality
Don't give into insanity
Be the breakdown refusal

Fear will immobilize you
Loneliness will enslave you
Despair will tantalize you