OtakuBoards

......... the prisoner..

Dan L

My Dad got this DVD box set of the old 70s TV show 'the prisoner' for Xmas... we've just started watching them and they are really weird.... it scares me how weird the people who came up with this can think... has anyone else seen it... is anyone else confused?

actually i didnt think it was a bad show, just real confusing.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Duo Maxwell [/i]
[B]Never heard of it but my mum said she's seen it and it was alright for its time, and seing it was about a women's prison [/B][/QUOTE]

???????? sorry you must have the wrong show there. I mean, this was weird.... it wasn't actually about a prison at all it's about this village where people get taken when they retire from high up positions with valuable knowledge, and 'the prisoner' is the guy who's trying to escape.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Duo Maxwell [/i]
[B]Great now I feel like a total idiot... [/B][/QUOTE]

Don't.. it was probably a show of the same name, but I didn't actually describe what i was on about at all in the first post except that it was weird and was called the prisoner. It's my fault.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]Hey, king penn, any realtion to Sean Penn? *shudder*

Anyways, the prisoner was a old 70's show about a bunch of really smart people trapped on a island for knowing to many things...I think...The Simpsons did a spoof on it. [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah thats right, the simpsons did do a spoof on it... at the time, i didnt get it..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by King Penn [/i]
[B]I dunno, I'm a hippie, I forget things easily [/B][/QUOTE]
LOL,that reminds me of dharma and greg(Its a series)
Dharma's dad was a hippie that forgets almost everything...lol
that show is crazy...:laugh:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]I've seen a 50s show before, and they're just as wierd..... I've seen The Prisoner, and yeah, very confusing, almost freakishly confusing..... I didn't get most of it..... I had to watch it a few weeks ago..... [/B][/QUOTE]

FINALLY! someone who knows what I'm talkin 'bout... and yeah... it is very confusing...
*shudders*

[color=indigo] I've seen it before. They used to play reruns of it an Dark Shadows on a local Cable station when I lived in DC. The show wasn't bad but it was terribly confusing at times. Unfortunatly the best thing to come from the show was the Simpsons episode. "Its really not such a bad place once you get used to the gassing..."Marge Simpson *evil Koala wearing sunglasses comes on the screen, removes them and gasses the Otaku*[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo] *evil Koala wearing sunglasses comes on the screen, removes them and gasses the Otaku*[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That's what I didn't get about the simpsons spoof... WHAT WAS THE KOALA DOIN' THERE. There wasn't a Koala in the prisoner! Now I'm even more confused!!!