OtakuBoards

Still more questions

TheGodlyME

Recently, I bought Tenchi the Movie 1&2. The first one is Tenchi Muyo in Love, and the second is Daughter of Darkness. Is there a Tenchi in Love 2?! I've seen it advertised on e-bay, but the picture always comes up the same as the first one. This is the purpose of the question. Off the topic, has anyone seen Tenchi the Movie 2: Daughter of Darkness? I like it more than the first one, but that's just me. Mayuka is great. The last question I have for now is: Is there a sequel movie or series with her in it? They re-clone her as a baby in the ending credits, so does she appear elsewhere?

[SIZE=1]No, "Tenchi: the Movie 2" is the first and only appearence of Mayuka in the whole Tenchi universe. But there may still be hope because the new Tenchi series will take place in the first "Muyo" continuity. That means that Mayuka could technically be there, but I doubt it.[/SIZE]

There are 3 Tenchi movies:

Tenchi Muyo in Love- one with Achika
Daughter of Darkness- with Mayuka
Tenchi Muyo in Love 2 or Tenchi Forever- Haruna

IMHO, TMiL2 is the best of all 3 ... TMiL being second. I didn't like DoD though. And nope, Mayuka doesn't and will not be in any of the series or OVA.

Daughter of Darkness was definately a strange movie, in the concept that they decided to combine Tenchi Muyo and Tenchi Universe in it. I mean the light hawk wings are in it, yet so is Kiyone. Daughter of Darkness is almost a whole new tenchi series all it's own. I guess Mayuka was just a dead end that they left hanging at the end of DoD. She won't be appearing in any more tenchi, as far as we know.