OtakuBoards

Legend of Espian

Lyndy

This is a prologue to my story called Avian Fighter. You know how there are prologues in books you read, right? Well, this is kind of what this little story is like. You don't have to read it, but it helps you with the background of the whole story. I originally wrote this about a year or so ago. Then I revised it this summer and made a few changes (it was a quick revision and read-through). I got the idea from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. And of course, if I ever wanted to publish this, I will probably change it a lot more to make it seem like it is not from Paper Mario, but it's not like. . .hardcore Paper Mario, I just got some help from the background of the game. I first had someone from theOtaku read through this and it helped me a lot since I wasn't that good with English last year. But now my grammar has improved significantly. :V And of course, there will most likely be errors in this piece that I have overlooked. So, if you can think of something that will help the story or see a grammar error, I would like to hear it. ^^

Eons ago a city named Espian flourished in peace and splendor, but it was all destroyed in a single day by a demonic dragon, Xorn, who came from the Palace of the Undead. Historians would say it was a calamity that fell from the Heavens, but they were wrong. The city of Espian sank below the ground becoming the dragon's den. Xorn instilled fear into hearts of men by sending out his minions, known as the Resara, to claim the lands surrounding Espian. In order for the dragon to increase its all ready formidable power, it created the sacred sword to hold the essence of the Heavens.

The dragon built a dungeon near its den and filled it with terrifying monsters, including the Resara. All who disobeyed the demon dragon would be thrown into the dungeon for the monsters to feast on. The dragon had three main monster pets: Tyrant, a four-headed, mutated, Cerberus-like creature that will stop at nothing to get what it wants; Flan, a vampire that will do anything to acquire human blood; and Fayte, a chimera composed of a cheetah and a pterodactyl. These pets occasionally left the dungeon to spread sorrow over all the people in the remaining lands

There came a man who gave people hope for peace once again. The man was strong of arm and bore a great sword. One day the dragon cast its horrific gaze across the lands and terrified the people. The man reached out with his strength to defend the people, and the people praised him even more for protecting them.

In a different part of the country, there was a blind man who lived in the woods who could determine somebody's movement using his mind. He used this to his advantage when the Resara appeared. He concentrated on the movements and countered each attack. After defeating the monsters, the man thought of a way to rid the world of all the monsters.

Afterwards, a man shape-shifter, taking wolf form traveled the land alone; he learned of the darkness taking over the countries and decided to do something about it. He went alone where the evil dwelt and banished it by using his power. The monsters grew to fear the man who obstructed them at every turn, but the man was finally captured in a trap the Resara set up. A woman, however, who had a cold soul and fought against the monsters, saw the man captured and used her black magic to free him.

The spirit of the man warmed his way into the woman's heart and they fell in love. The woman used her magic to learn about the evil they were up against. "We cannot do this alone," she told the man. 'We need the strong-armed man and the blind one."

The woman's magic brought all four heroes together to send the dragon away from their world. They set out for the dragon's den, the Palace of the Undead, to finish this battle once and for all.

The power of the dragon was greater than anyone could imagine. The woman soon realized that it was the power of the sword that gave Xorn his power. The blind one thought of a way to take the sword and use it against the dragon. He told the others of his plan and set it in motion, banishing their fears. The woman's magic and the strong- armed man's strength created a gap in the dragon's defenses. At that moment, the shape shifter seized the sword and succeeded in badly damaging the demonic dragon.

However, not even the shape shifters stroke was enough to end Xorn's reign. The blind one then thought of another way to use the sword against the dragon in that dreadful hour. He suggested sealing the dragon forever in its den using the sword. All agreed. All four of them matched their strength with that of the sword and they successfully sealed the dragon within the deepest part of the palace. Together, they broke the sword into eight pieces so that the seal could only be broken when all eight pieces are together.

The heroes had thought they had sealed away the dragon and all its powers but, right before the seal was complete, Xorn cast a spell on them all. While holding the sword pieces, they felt nothing. However, if they let go of the pieces, their souls would be sealed forever and their body would disintegrate.

The four of them traveled the world to scatter the shards of sword so that the seal would remain closed. However, when the heroes would let go of the pieces, their souls would be lost, wandering around the world.

The woman put one of her pieces in the Great Tower of Valsper. That day, the Resara were wandering by the tower. The inhabitants, the Sterlites, would be tormented by their harsh appetites. Feeling sorry for the Sterlites, the woman put a protective field around the tower to protect them. They were so grateful towards her that they said that they would protect the sword piece from all evil as long as they lived. The other place she decided to put the piece was an abandoned church, in an old ghost town, which is where she lost her soul forever.

The shape-shifter decided to put his first piece in the bottom of the ocean surrounding the remains of Espian. Then he decided to go to a southern island to hide his last piece. While the man was looking for a hiding place for the piece on the island, he was captured by a pirate named Gaignun. Pirate Gaignun took the shape shifter to his quarters to hold him as a slave. When the pirate saw the man's sword piece, he took it away without a second though. Before his eyes, the man began to disintegrate, and in seconds, he was no longer there. The pirate just took a quick look at the piece and threw it onto his pile of treasure.

The strong-armed man held onto his last piece after he hid his first one in a cave on a desert island. He was traveling through a small town when he collapsed. A healer was nearby when he did so; the healer ran over to the man and saved his life. Knowing he wouldn't live much longer, the man asked the healer to take the sword piece and hide it so that no one could find it. When the man let go of the piece, the healer was so frightened that she almost dropped the piece. Thereafter, the piece was confined in a solitary area on the outskirts of the town.

The blind one decided to go to a place that almost no one knows and hide his piece there. That place was the underwater shrine where only the Noxy live. When he sensed a Noxy near him, he told it about the piece and the Noxy agreed to hide the sword piece for him. Then he decided to go back to his homeland to hide the very final piece there. He sensed that his home was nearby and walked in the direction of his home. When he got there, he felt of his things before leaving them behind forever. When he got to his desk, he searched for a box of matches and grabbed them when he found them. He took out a match and struck it against the box and threw the match somewhere to the side of him before finding his way down to the basement. Then he went over to a door that went even farther underground than the basement. He walked passed the door into the darkness. When the man let go of the sword piece to be lost forever, there was a tear in the man's eye before he disappeared forever.

After Xorn was sealed in the Palace of the Undead, many refused to come near the sunken city. But as the generations passed, people began to forget about the demonic dragon and began to move back to the burdened land above the Underground Palace to rebuild the city. Some began to say that there was a great amount of treasure under the city; unaware of the dragon still sealed away in the palace underneath the city, and unaware that the dragon's slumber is coming to an end.

• 1 month later...
recently i have been thinking of creating a story, as well as the art work for it ,but i would wonder how to form and put all my ideas together to come up with a story and a interesting action packed plot..... i think this is a great prologue/ story draft and im glad i found this post because it inspires me and also teaches me how to put together ideas ,,,, thanks and keep up your awesome work.