OtakuBoards

Dragon Age 2

Flame alchemist 13

Hot dog was i excited when i heard the bioware was coming out with dragon age 2. I mean a game that big and successful a sequel is imminent. but so soon!? [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif[/img] what is bioware thinking? it hasn't even been 2 years has it? i almost feel like it may..suck [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/pout.gif[/img] Then again assassins creed brotherhood turned out alright (so i hear) and that was like a year later.. then again that is considered a Huge add-on. even though all places in assassins creed 2 are unavailable?
But i digress.
Dragon age "2" its obviously a sequel instead of a "add-on" mistaken for a sequel. the 2 declares there is no mistake this is a sequel. But has bioware had enough time to make a decent game? i sure hope. Dragon age origins was a great game and had great interactiveness. But how can they follow that up in under a year?

Any ideas on the story? i have heard many different ideas such as it takes place from a different POV during the first one. Other ideas is that you follow the main character from the first as a new character.

would love to hear other peoples opinions on this subject.
(sure hope the answer to my question isn't on some website and i just made a fool of myself [size="2"][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sick.gif[/img]) [/size]

[size="2"][attachment=14943:Hands-On-With-Dragon-Age-2.jpg][/size]

well, the first game was lame in my opinion, it felt even clunkier (if possible) than kotor did, and the graphics really werent much better than that as well... all they did was throw in copious amounts of blood and tons of scary topless demons. I don't really get the love story aspect of the game... i tried to make friends with all my team and ended up sleeping with an elvish man unintentionally.

the controlls really felt like it was made for pc. i was struggling to use all my different skills (i gave up after a while and just used my top three) and some classes (mages) were way too tough to play as... this game in my opinion should have been a flop, buuuut at the same time it means two could be a huge improvement... it certainly has room to grow.

[quote name='CaNz' date='08 December 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1291860518' post='702538']
well, the first game was lame in my opinion, it felt even clunkier (if possible) than kotor did, and the graphics really werent much better than that as well... all they did was throw in copious amounts of blood and tons of scary topless demons. I don't really get the love story aspect of the game... i tried to make friends with all my team and ended up sleeping with an elvish man unintentionally.

the controlls really felt like it was made for pc. i was struggling to use all my different skills (i gave up after a while and just used my top three) and some classes (mages) were way too tough to play as... this game in my opinion should have been a flop, buuuut at the same time it means two could be a huge improvement... it certainly has room to grow.
[/quote]

I agree with you 100% although i enjoyed the RP and the story i agree the controls at times made no sense and doesn't really have a console feel to it and yeah the graphics sucked. But im in it for the story haha. Hopefully they'll mop up the flaws. Thats what sequels are for after all [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sweatdrop.gif[/img]

[quote name='Flame alchemist 13' date='08 December 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1291861053' post='702542']
I agree with you 100% although i enjoyed the RP and the story i agree the controls at times made no sense and doesn't really have a console feel to it and yeah the graphics sucked. But im in it for the story haha. Hopefully they'll mop up the flaws. Thats what sequels are for after all [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/sweatdrop.gif[/img]

[/quote
so i guess thats not 100% agreement haha. Accidental gay love making for the win haha. i never did that =/ ended up getting it with that witch girl..who then takes your seed and ditches you! after all you been through, such as killing her mother [size=2][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img][/size]

I didn't really like any of them except maybe Alistair a little bit (but i hear if you are a girl he is a complete pansy when it comes to relationships) and Sten. As far as the story goes... i cant think of a more generic plot for an RPG.

Long ago, something bad people do something bad, unleashing an apocalyptic evil across the nation. you must defeat this evil, that has hordes of evil enemy at its command, and bring together all the races of people to help you (even though they really don't help at all and you can fight everyone in the game by yourself) and the good and evil status was really lacking... i mean... talk about all roads leading to Rome, there were simply no negative actions! if you killed the entire elvish tribe you get werewolves, if you exterminate the mages you get Templar... I felt like it really didn't matter what i did, i was going to walk a strait path to the end.

Its not the worst game in the world, but i would pick KOTOR over it, any day... or if i wanted a good game i would just pick up mass effect... sure it uses guns instead of swords, but at least it makes sense and i dont have to look at my guys drenched in blood after every friggen scratch.

[quote name='CaNz' date='08 December 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1291862846' post='702551']
I didn't really like any of them except maybe Alistair a little bit (but i hear if you are a girl he is a complete pansy when it comes to relationships) and Sten. As far as the story goes... i cant think of a more generic plot for an RPG.

Long ago, something bad people do something bad, unleashing an apocalyptic evil across the nation. you must defeat this evil, that has hordes of evil enemy at its command, and bring together all the races of people to help you (even though they really don't help at all and you can fight everyone in the game by yourself) and the good and evil status was really lacking... i mean... talk about all roads leading to Rome, there were simply no negative actions! if you killed the entire elvish tribe you get werewolves, if you exterminate the mages you get Templar... I felt like it really didn't matter what i did, i was going to walk a strait path to the end.

Its not the worst game in the world, but i would pick KOTOR over it, any day... or if i wanted a good game i would just pick up mass effect... sure it uses guns instead of swords, but at least it makes sense and i dont have to look at my guys drenched in blood after every friggen scratch.
[/quote]

dang, you just changed my outlook on dragon age by a lot.. although i still like that game haha[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smirk.gif[/img]

I am a big fan of bioware, and I think its a good game if you haven't played the other ones too much (and I have definitely played the other ones too much)
its a solid game, but I think it really didn't even scratch the consoles capabilities. I really hope dragonage 2 will give me something good to talk about... but I haven't seen enough news about its gameplay yet.

• 2 weeks later...
[color="#006400"]I loved Origins. So much that I nearly melted my friend's PS3 on multiple occasions when I was vegging at their place for a while. There are some things that bugged me, but the story and the interactiveness of the overall plot just really kept me in. Awakening was really short and disappointing in that regard. I treated that hussy bard like crap almost the entire time in Origins, and yet scampered off into the sunset with her in Awakening.

I heard of a Dragon Age II pretty much while I was playing Origins/Awakening, and I [i]heard[/i] that it was supposed to build off your main character from Origins (if you had one), which had me pretty excited for it. I guess there's already a DLC for Morrigan's storyline called Witch Hunt, but I haven't played it.

I can't imagine Dragon Age II wouldn't be designed to allow you to import previous data. Awakening and Witch Hunt both do.[/color] Edited by PiroMunkie