OtakuBoards

Batman: Arkham City

Magus

[media]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-10-batman-arkham/708342[/media]

Pretty.

I'm pretty sure we all knew about this since it's been in talks for a year, maybe more (I think). Anyway, Batman is roaming the city streets now instead of the asylum and he's also dealing with Hugo Strange. I think I remember seeing something about Two-Face being in this one as well. Anyway, it's set to release next Fall.

Discuss.

[font="Tahoma"]Been looking forward to this one since beating Arkham Asylum, which in my eyes was GOTY for 2009. The VGA premiere was very impressive, and I love the choice of putting Hugo Strange front and center. The game looks like it has the potential to boast a much more intense atmosphere, even though it will take a very convincing performance to outdo The Joker as antagonist front man. Putting Batman's identity on the line seemed the obvious way to go, but it's a good formula for a successful storyline. As for other villains i'm also hoping Prometheus makes an appearance.

I have to say i'm not big on the option of co-op for this particular project, i'm sure it will work out well but I feel that single player campaigns/playthroughs are becoming a dying breed. Certain game franchises simply do not need a form of multiplayer, competitive or co-op to truly shine. Bioshock, Metal Gear Solid, Mass Effect just to name a few in addition to Batman. We all know open world has been done to death as well, but the great thing about that mechanic is the infinite amount of potential for variety and expansion. I feel Arkham City will run with the torch as the new standard of open world gaming if the structure from the first game remains with a heavily focused story throughout all the free roam.[/font]

I had no idea that co-op was being added. That kind of makes me wonder who else is playable? I sure don't want to see 2 or more Batman's gliding across the screen. I'm pretty in the same boat as you, Sacred. While I don't mind co-op (actually I prefer co-op over multi-player anyday), I mainly like to play my games by myself these days since I use them for relieving stress and what better way to do that in a single player campaign?

Anxiously waiting for my ps3 now.

I think Catwoman is going to be the other playable character based on that Gameinformer cover. I loved the first one and can't wait to see what they do with this one.

[center][IMG]http://imgur.com/Q2snL.jpg[/IMG][/center] Edited by Treble

[quote name='Treble' date='13 December 2010 - 11:28 AM' timestamp='1292257684' post='702716']
I think Catwoman is going to be the other playable character based on that Gameinformer cover. I loved the first one and can't wait to see what they do with this one.

[center][IMG]http://imgur.com/Q2snL.jpg[/IMG][/center]
[/quote]

[font="Tahoma"]Catwoman seems to make sense, another option might be Robin. I can see Catwoman being an integral part to the actual story though, kind of a similar role to Black Cat in Spiderman 2. Robin on the other hand i'd much rather only be a co-op selectable if he must be put in the game.[/font]