Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[center]Here's a little signature I made. This is actually from a[url="http://www.theotaku.com/wallpapers/view/210056/%255B_%257E_s_m_i_l_e_%257E_%255D"] wallpaper[/url] I made.

I cropped it, then moved the text a little closer to her face. And I changed the opacity of the girl there to blend it a little more. Because in the wallpaper, it didn't really blend. 

[img]http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9063/smilejz.jpg[/img]


So what do you think? ^_^[/center][center]Comments and Criticism please.

[/center]
Posted
lookin good... the only thing I dont like is when your name is crammed in the corner.. it would look sweet if you put it either just above or just below the word [u]smile[/u] and offset it towards the left or right.
Posted
Personal preference... when an image has lighter colors and tones around the edges I personally believe a black border is necessary. It would also help tie in the black edges and eyes of the render. it would also look nice if you cropped out some the left edge of the picture, making the flowing hair and text closer to the left. And maybe size the whole signature down a bit. The aesthetics of the image are very nice and cheery though.
Posted
[center]Well I like big sigs. Borders are optional for me though. But I gave what you said a chance. And in my opinion, I think it looked good ^_^  [/center]
[center][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7894/smilev2.jpg[/img][/center]
[center]I think I sized it down a little too much? Or is this correct?[/center]
Posted
i like it a lot... the name is kinda hard to read though...

also it looks pretty bright and her noes and mouth are being eaten up... but that could just be the art style for all I know.
Posted
Yeah, it's a little hard to read. But I wasn't entirely sure what font would be good to replace that one. And if I resize the text, it would ruin the whole sig. So I left it as is. Any font suggestion?

Ah yes, it's part of the art style. And even if it wasn't, it's hard for me to change it because I made a destructible edit. 

Posted
I will tell you the same thing as I told the other guy... I know its james but I dont know which one.... FM..... errrr... duplicate layer... move exactly one pixel to the side (instant bold) then turn it into an overlay or a filter. filter is more advanced so if I were you do an overlay first!!!

also good tip for text.... dont make it small if you want it to be read.... if its a name or some other bs..... off to the side... if its a quote... make it the main attention grabber.
Posted
I think so... you can easily see that it says smile... yet it doesn't effect the message behind the banner.

really you will find that fixing things doesn't actually fix them.

case and point being the border you used. you took what James May was using... north and south strokes and used it in a bright banner... when you look aat the banner the two things that stand out is it being about a girl... and the border... thick black strokes will not work for this... and definitely not cinematic looking ones because this is a manga looking art piece.

( a: he uses a theme... b: he borders are supposed to fit with the banner, yet seperate it from the what it is used with...like a buffer zone... basically you use it if you don't want it to blend in.)
you have a light, very blended background, that will fit in well with the white used in forums... so you don't really need a border..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...