OtakuBoards

Body Paint Photography

sakurasuka

[size="1"][font="Arial"]

Hello, all. I'm sure nobody here will remember me, it sure has been awhile. Well, I am entering the final semester of my undergraduate career as a graphic design/studio art student at university. I'd like a few opinions of some work, if anybody is game to rip me apart!

So I've been toying with the notion of creating an installation piece for my Senior Portfolio Exhibition, complete with live painted models. To document my thought process, I've completed a few "brainstorming" shoots.

My installation is a Genesis reconstruction, and my installation piece is going to perhaps be an entire created world. I am considering creating this "world" out of large slices of typography, creating a sort of "jungle" of "named things" to incorporate my text design and incorporate graphic elements. For instance, trees and jungle flowers will be made of colorful hand painted and hand carved letters, some spelling out the names of the items they are creating. Sketches are to come.

Inside my jungle will perhaps be my models, sort of "creatures" of my own creation based on animalistic prints and shapes, as well as my own interpenetration animals. So, my eventual goal is to pull from ancient and religious texts to create a modern "world" for folks to walk through and become a part of, and my intention is to inspire creation by letting the creation story inspire. To make an old and dusty story of religion and re-tell it in a way that shows people that the creation of things and of art and of beauty is the true meaning of the story.

So here are some of my ideas for the creatures to dwell inside my typographic forest, and I cannot decide if I would rather continue using hand prints as their markings, or if I would like to toy with text and letters in the paint. I suppose I have a semester to figure it out. Ideas, suggestions on my "animals"?

[/font][/size] Edited by sakurasuka

Thats pretty damn cool. I cant really criticize your work because I know nothing about body painting.. The colors and the contrast are very nice and the photos are framed great. I especially like the last photo, mainly because that model is hot stuff ;) Edited by JamesMay