Manick Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 Ok, there are only three words in the entire dictionary that end in the letters "gry". One is Angry, and another is Hungry. What is the third? The hint is "it drives you nuts" Anybody know? BTW... I don't know the answer, just wondering if you knew. Its an extra credit question at some college. Thanks
Navi Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manick [/i] [B]Ok, there are only three words in the entire dictionary that end in the letters "gry". One is Angry, and another is Hungry. What is the third? The hint is "it drives you nuts" Anybody know? [/B][/QUOTE] Do you mean that there are only three commonly used words that end with "gry" in the english language? Because I can think of many other uncommon words that end with "gry": aggry, mawgry, nangry... I think its a trick question. "Think of words ending in 'gry'. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only [i]three words in[/i] [b]the English language[/b]. What is the [i]third[/i] word?" [b]language[/b] Language drives you nuts...:whoops:
Sara Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i] [B] "Think of words ending in 'gry'. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only [i]three words in[/i] [b]the English language[/b]. What is the [i]third[/i] word?" [b]language[/b][/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Beautiful job, Navi. [/FONT] ;)
Fall Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 O.o Well, erm..... I'm confuddled..... This is another question that my brain can't handle..... O.O I can't think of the answer..... This sounds like a trick question to me..... :rolleyes:
Charles Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 Hey don't forget the word, puggry! Everyone knows about the word, puggry!
Delian Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Manick [/i] [B]Ok, there are only three words in the entire dictionary that end in the letters "gry". One is Angry, and another is Hungry. What is the third? The hint is "it drives you nuts" Anybody know? BTW... I don't know the answer, just wondering if you knew. Its an extra credit question at some college. Thanks [/B][/QUOTE] This question is driving me crazy. Now i'm going to be thinking of it all day. Well, I'll be off reading the dictionary now...:wigout: :therock:
PiroMunkie Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 [SIZE=1]The word is [b]anhungry[/b], it's an obsolete word for hungry that is allowed to stay in the dictionary because it shows up in Shakespeare. :genius:[/SIZE]
Sara Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 [FONT=century gothic]People, people....there is no third GRY word.... Don't tell me none of you heard this back a couple years ago? Everywhere I went, people were trying to figure this one out. There are only two words in the English language that end in GRY. Angry and Hungry. Here's a solvable version of the riddle; it's gotten muddled up and repeated wrong so often, it's amazing... Think of words ending in GRY. Angry and Hungry are two of them. There are only three words in [i]the English language.[/i] The third one is is something you use every day. What is it? The=first word. English=Second word Language=Third Word Language! Something you use every day! The first two lines have nothing to do with the question. Take them away, and it's insanely easy....but where's the sport in that?[/FONT]
PiroMunkie Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i] [B][FONT=century gothic]Insert Cera's long posty thing that im not going to show because it's right up there and takes up too much space in two posts :p[/FONT][/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Actually, I looked this up, so :p I found a whole webpage about words that end in -gry and this riddle was a part of it, and that was the answer :p[/SIZE]
Manick Posted January 18, 2002 Author Posted January 18, 2002 [url]http://www.greece.k12.ny.us/taylor/topics/grypuzzle.htm[/url] just found this... sorry for the confusion.
Delian Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 LOL...Oh bloody hell...now I feel stupid:laugh:....but i'm not-_-
PiroMunkie Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 [SIZE=1]Bah, I believe this not. I'm sticking by my answer :p[/SIZE]
Manick Posted January 18, 2002 Author Posted January 18, 2002 I actually heard this exactly how I stated it... Some guy was walking past me in the parking lot and asked "Are you good in english?" I just looked at him like, uh... He asked me again, and I just looked at him, then he asked me again... And then I was like "Back off" He was like "no, I mean" then he told me the riddle and said it was for extra credit at some college.
Fall Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 Erm....., I'm sorry, but I still can't understand it..... My brain is too stupid..... :confused: :confused:
Manick Posted January 18, 2002 Author Posted January 18, 2002 You're not stupid man! Its a stupid riddle that has been hacked up so many times that it doesn't even make sense anymore. Follow the link I posted and it will all make sense. I promise! :)
Kuja Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 [SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]dang i heard that joke in 5th grade... i feel so dumb now lol... thou it was never stated like THAT to me ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Sara Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 [FONT=century gothic]heh...Thanks Piro...that really made me laugh, and I dearly needed a laugh just now. ::browses list:: Ymagry? heh..this is nifty.... thanks.[/FONT]
PiroMunkie Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i] [B][FONT=century gothic]heh...Thanks Piro...that really made me laugh, and I dearly needed a laugh just now. ::browses list:: Ymagry? heh..this is nifty.... thanks.[/FONT][/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]I don't know which part made you laugh but I was more than happy to do so unintentionally, especially since you needed a laugh. :) I just noticed something.. the only two -gry words that I can find in this dern dictionary are hungry and angry... none of the other words exist :p Lol[/SIZE]
Heaven's Cloud Posted January 18, 2002 Posted January 18, 2002 [color=indigo] I never heard that riddle and I was racking my brain for a third word, but there are several but that is not the awnser bah I feel like a moron, wait I am a moron.[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now