OtakuBoards

The Phantom Hitch-hiker

Lyndy

[color="#556B2F"][font="Times New Roman"][size="3"]In my English class, we had an assignment where we had to continue a story that was one paragraph long. And we were only supposed to write two paragraphs, but I ended up writing a page and a half on college ruled paper. :I Oh well. But the first idea I had for this story was being used by everyone else (Man saw old lady. Guy crashed. Guy got out of car and went to the cemetery. Saw grave of girl with sweater on it. Cause of death for girl unknown SINCE THE OTHER PEOPLE LEFT OUT DETAILS). So I decided to change it up a bit. And I had to read it in class, which SUCKED, but oh well. But I had fun writing this because it gave me a chance to be creative when I havenâ??t been able to do so in awhile because of all my homework. And I am kind of happy of how this turned out. And we only had like one night to write it, so I would've wrote a lot more if I had like a weekend or more for time to write it. And we were assigned partners, but my partner was not here so I was the only one who did it by myself.. besides my absent partner..
Anyways, the first paragraph was provided and what I came up with starts with the second paragraph.
----------------------------------------

A man going home late at night to Birkenhead stops to give a hitch-hiker a lift at the entrance to the Mersey Tunnel. The hiker is a girl and, seeing her shiver, he lends her a sweater. She tells him her address in Birkenhead, but then, as they emerge from the tunnel, he turns and the girl just is not thereâ?¦

When the man looked back ahead with a panicked look, he saw an elderly woman standing on the side of the road looking towards the cemetery with her back towards the man. The man pulls over cautiously. When he got a better look of her, he realized she was holding the sweater the man gave the younger lady. The man got out of the car and said to the lady, â??Hey! Are you okay? What are you doing out here in the middle of nowhere? And where did you get that sweater?â?

The lady ignored him. The man started walking towards the lady and then the lady did something he never expected her to do. She started running towards the cemetery. After being in shock for a few seconds, the man starts running after the woman. After he got to the cemetery, he stopped running since he lost sight of her. But then he saw the sweater that was similar to the one he gave the girl and the one the older lady had. It was lying on a grave a few feet from him. When he got closer, he noticed there was a newspaper on top of the sweater. He slowly picked up the newspaper. The title of the front page story was â??Car Accidentâ? and there was a picture of a young girl and an elderly woman. They were killed in an accident by someone who was speeding in a stolen car. According to the news article, the driver of the stolen car got away and has yet to be found.

The manâ??s eyes went wide when he realized the people in the picture were of the two people he saw tonight. Then he felt a pang of guilt because he was the driver who got away. Then the man heard a twig snap behind him. He spun around to see the girl standing right in front of him. Caught by surprise and panic, the man fell backwards onto the grave. The man got back up and started running to the car. When he got in the car, he fumbled around with his keys before he finally got his car started up. The man drove for a few seconds before checking the rearview mirror. In the mirror, he saw the two women sitting in the backseat. The man yelled and swerved and ended up in the ditch.

The next morning, police and paramedics were on the scene, but by the time they got there, the man was already dead. There were no indications as to what made the man crash. There were no animals around and the roads were clear of anything to give hints to why he crashed. No one will ever know how the man died.[/size][/font][/color] Edited by Lyndy