OtakuBoards

Rec Thread

eleanor

I've totally fallen out of the anime fandom, but recently have started to get back into it via Naruto (used to love that series). But in general I have no idea what's going on with the anime scene in general or what's out or what's new-- so I decided to come here and ask!

I guess I could say I prefer action/shounen anime, but my favorite shows are a mish-mash of everything-- I'd say top four: Fullmetal Alchemist, Evangelion, Naruto, Ouran High School Host Club. Heavy emphasis on Fullmetal Alchemist, I like seriously adore the manga and really liked the anime too. OHSHC is kind of an outlier, I usually cannot stand shoujo series or romance anime, but it brings the lolz and has lots of 2D-hot guys than I could get behind it. I just prefer an ongoing series that has an active fandom, as it seems like Naruto's is kind of dead imo, but I like filing away the less popular/shorter quality series for when I'm bored (like Kaiba or Mushishi).

Series I've tried to get into but it didn't work out:
- Axis Powers Hetalia
- Soul Eater
- Bleach and One Piece lol

ty :D

Hmm. The only thing that comes to mind right now is Hunter x Hunter. It's a very underrated series, especially when comparing it to the likes of Naruto, Bleach and One Piece. It has an old-ish look to it, or rather, it's not very colorful (Think Yu Yu Hakusho. It's made by the same guy) but the animation is spot on when it comes to the fights. Speaking of fights, if you liked Yu Yu Hakusho and Kurama's fights then you will like the fights in HxH since almost all of them are like watching a Kurama battle. The only negative thing I will say about the series is that the main character that's mainly stupid but smart when it comes to fighting. However, Gon has such a charming personality, it probably won't bother you.

You're not the only one who've fallen out of the anime scene. (I've been watching old stuff for the most part)