OtakuBoards

Two Worlds Task Force

DeLarge

[center][font=georgia,serif][b][u]Two Worlds Task Force[/u][/b][/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][i]My name is Lucas Carter, and I am 123 years old.[/i][/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][i]When I was a young man, I stared into the face of death, and it smiled back at me, with eyes as black as the very depths of Hades and teeth so sharp they could tear a manĂ¢??s throat right out of his neck. I died alone, and afraid, and I stole a look through into the next world, and was faced with fire and shadows.[/i][/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][i]As I returned to this world, I became a soulless creature, rampaging across the face of the earth and bathing in the blood of the innocent. I killed, I slaughtered but worst of all I enjoyed every single moment of it.[/i][/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][i]And when the war came, I sought absolution. I fled from the side of the demons and joined the angels instead, in the vain hope it would lead to some kind of redemption. But really, the only redemption came in forsaking that which my every impulse drove me towards, and even then my only reward was anguish and suffering.[/i][/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][i]I have since found my cage, the walls that keep the monster at bay. But every day brings new struggles, and the darkest days are yet to come.[/i][/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][i]My name is Lucas Carter, and this is the story of my downfall.[/i][/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif]---[/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][b][u]Case One[/u][/b][/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][b]"Everybody get moving. We'll rendezvous back at the Hub at noon, but call me as soon as you find anything," [/b]Lucas shouted back to the rest of his team as he wrenched open his car door, clambering in andslamming the door behind him. He place his hands on the steering wheel, only then noticing that they were both trembling slightly but uncontrollably. His mind was racing and his heart was pounding in his chest, but as Erik sat down in the passenger seat Lucas hurriedly clamped a cigarette between his teeth and lit it, savouring the acrid smoke that poured into his lungs and the nicotine flooding his system, treating them as a replacement for what his body was really craving.[/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][b]"Ready to go?" [/b]asked Erik, the concern in his voice badly concealed as he caught a glimpse of his friend's hand shaking.[/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][b]"I am now," [/b]replied Lucas, exhaling a lungful of smoke as he spoke, turning the key in the ignition and shifting into first, thoughts of thirst and cravings pushed to the back of his mind.[/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif]---[/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][b]ooc: [/b]You guys know what to do![/font][/center]