OtakuBoards

The Avatar

Orcus

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/Reizou/AVATAR1.jpg[/img][/center]

[left][i]Lightning is rending apart the Fire Nation. Seismic activity tears the Earth Kingdom asunder. In the North and South the Water tribes are assailed by unrelenting tsunamis. The newly-recreated Air Nomads are battling tornadoes. And across the world confused, scared and angry apparitions are crossing over from the spirit world and wreaking havoc. One unspoken thought sweeps the globe.[/i][/left]

[font=georgia,serif][i]The Avatar is dead.[/i][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][i]But how could the Avatar be dead? The Avatar, who ended the 100 year war between the nations. The Avatar who, having learned the art of energybending, used this newfound art to grant devout followers of the Air Nomad way of life the ability to bend the air around them. The Avatar, whose â??diplomacyâ? created the United Republic of Nations and spared the Fire Nation the true justice it deserved. How could such a momentous figure, such a god, have met his end?[/i][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][i]The Avatar is gone because I willed it to be so. The Avatarâ??s blood is on my hands. No... more than just his blood. But there is still work to be done. In a desperate bid for self-preservation the Avatar spirit has fled, albeit shattered and unstable. I must find the remaining pieces of the Avatar spirit.[/i][/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][font=georgia,serif][i]And crush them.[/i][/font][/font]

[center][size=4][font=times new roman,times,serif]++++[/font][/size][/center]
[left]
[size=4][font=times new roman,times,serif][font=georgia,serif][b]â??Isamu, dinner!â?[/b] came a cry from Isamuâ??s mother Kamiko, who had stepped onto the porch after seeing the returning Isamu walking down the street. Isamu blushed sheepishly and brought up the groceries in his arms to cover his face. His mother ran out to him and gave him a peck on the cheek before snatching away some of the groceries and fleeing back into the house. Isamu chuckled to himself and followed after her. As soon as he walked inside, his younger sister June ran up to him and collided with his stomach.[/font][/font][/size][/left]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][b]â??Isamu! Isamu!â?[/b] the four year old cried out excitedly. Isamu separated his arms and smiled down at his sister.[/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][b]â??Hey there June,â?[/b] he said between chuckles as he attempted to shuffle over to the kitchen with June firmly attached to his midsection. He placed the groceries carefully down on the table, and they were immediately snatched up by his father to be added as a late addition to the meal. [/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][b]â??Why so late, Isamu?â?[/b] Isamuâ??s father Masao asked with a sly smile on his face. [b]â??Last I checked, today was one of the nicest days weâ??ve had in a while. No heat waves, no lightning storms. Did something else keep you preoccupied at the bazaar?â? [/b]After he finished the last word, both Masao and Kamiko eyed Isamu mischievously. Isamu blushed a deeper shade of red, but nonchalantly tried to play off the moment by lifting up his sister and kissing her on the cheek.[/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][b]â??Nope,â?[/b] Isamu mumbled, specifically avoiding his parentâ??s gaze, [b]â??just a busy day down there. Everyone trying to get their shopping done before the next storm hits.â?[/b] That wasnâ??t entirely untrue either. For whatever reason, the Fire Nation had been experiencing severe, fluctuating weather, and more often than not, lately it was too dangerous to even walk outside. But that wasnâ??t the only reason he had been late. There was also...[/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][b]â??Well, I bet Fumiko appreciated the extra time with you,â?[/b] his mother joked playfully. Isamuâ??s breath caught in his throat and his ears warmed up. Fumiko, the chestnut-brown haired, fair skinned, amber eyes spice vendor girl from the bazaar. Isamu had indeed spent the day chatting with her, perhaps buying an abundance of herbs and spices to impress her as well. But why would she be interested in him? The son of a family which had only recently been pardoned from its decades' long exile due to â??treasonous behaviourâ? during the war? Regardless of the fact that the exile had been unwarranted, and regardless of the suffering his family had gone through, the moniker of traitor was stuck with them. He could see the way certain people eyed him in the bazaar. What if Fumiko secretly felt the same way?[/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4]Kamiko noticed the darkness that had settled behind Isamuâ??s eyes and quickly ceased teasing him. The rest of dinner was prepared mostly in silence, save the sporadic outbursts from June. Dinner was served in silence as well, but luckily there was no way that that would continue. By a stroke of fate, Kamiko had prepared Dragon Curry Duck for dinner, and the meal required that it be lit ablaze prior to feasting. Kamiko turned to Isamu and smiled.[/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][b]â??Letâ??s get things going, boy-o! Light her up!â?[/b] she said with a crazy grin. June began clapping and chanting â??light her upâ? over and over again, and soon Isamuâ??s parents had joined in as well. Isamu laughed and shook his head with amusement.[/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][b]â??Alright, alright. Letâ??s just hope I use the right flame,â?[/b] he said with a chuckle. He stood up from the table and took a step back. He inhaled deeply and then, while exhaling, assumed a firm stance, with his legs spread apart and his right arm drawn into his side, to charge the flame. Inhaling again he concentrated, and then jabbed with right fist, intending to set the duck ablaze. However, before the fire erupted from his fist, something amazing happened.[/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4]A monstrous roar of thunder echoed around the house, and a split second later a blinding flash of lightning tore through the house and struck Isamu. For a second the world went dark, and then suddenly he was seeing everything: the history of the world, the creation of the four nations, the past lives of the avatar... And Avatar Aang being attacked? Before he could grasp the image, everything faded away and was replaced with the screaming voice of his mother.[/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][b]â??Isamu! Isamu!â?[/b] he heard, as if through a filter. He opened his eyes slowly and saw his whole family gathered above him, concern lining their face. Isamu reached for his head and laughed meekly.[/size][/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][b]â??Man, I must have done that all wrong,â?[/b] he said as he hoisted himself up. No one laughed however. Nervous, Isamu looked over to the meal, and gasped. Although the meal had, indeed, been light ablaze, it was surrounded by rubble, presumably hailing from the massive hole that was now in his roof. Looking around, he realized everything had been tossed from the spot he was sitting in, and the ground looked as if it had been struck with a powerful flame. He stood up slowly, with both of his parents grabbing one of his arms for support. He dusted himself off and attempted to put on his most reassuring face.[/size][/font]

[font=georgia, serif][b]â??Donâ??t worry everyone, Iâ??m alright. We shouldnâ??t let dinner get cold,â?[/b] he said mockingly, swinging his hand toward the food. Unexpectedly, a gust of wind erupted from his hand and flung the food clear off of the table. Everyone in his family stood perfectly still, and wordlessly stared at the spot where the duck used to rest. Isamu swallowed hard and looked down at his hands.[/font]

[font=georgia,serif][size=4][b]â??Impossible...â?[/b] he said, turning to his family. [b]â??Am I the Avatar?â?[/b][/size][/font]

[center][font=georgia,serif][size=4]+++++[/size][/font][/center]
[center]
[font=georgia,serif][size=4]Welcome to The Avatar, an rp brought to you by Darth Malgus and myself, based upon the universe established in Avatar: The Last Airbender and Avatar: The Legend of Korra. Our tale presents a twisted future for Avatar Aang filled with mystery and surprise 40 years after he and his allies ended the Fire Nation's tirade. Is the Avatar dead, or isnâ??t he? If not, then why has the Avatar suddenly and inexplicably split into pieces and â??possessedâ?? a member of the 3 other Nations: Fire, Earth and Water? Itâ??s up to you to venture out and discover the truth about whatâ??s happened to Aang and about whatâ??s happening to the world. And itâ??s your duty as a new Avatar to bring peace and balance, no matter what force, man or spirit, stands in your way.[/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][size=4]For this RP, weâ??ll need one more Avatar (Water). The rest of you interested folk will sign up as the Avatarsâ?? protectors, mentors, friends--think of the relationship between Aang and the rest of Team Avatar.[/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][size=4][u]Sign Up[/u]
[b]Name: [/b]Quick note: We'd prefer if you [i]didn't [/i]play as family members of an existing Avatar character, though if you insist we're still absolutely willing to take a look at your character.
[b]Age:[/b] Between 14 and 20
[b]Appearance:[/b] Although each nation has a fairly distinct set of physical features, in the 40 years before this story, there has been a fair deal of intermingling between nations, so feel free to look however and be from wherever.
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b] Avatar or Ally
[b]Weapons:[/b] Benders- bending element, style/ Non-benders- weapons, style
[b]Writing Sample:[/b] For the avatar, describe the moment when you received your powers. For everyone else, either write about how your character has been getting along with the current natural disasters, or how you found out about the newly â??appointedâ?? avatar receiving his/her power.[/size][/font][/center]

[center][font=georgia,serif][size=4][b]N.B:[/b] Two things: 1. Darth Malgus and I will be the Earth and Fire Avatar, respectively, so if you have any questions/suggestions for your role in relation to our characters, go ahead and either PM us or post in the backstage thread [coming soon]. 2. While thereâ??s no set cap for sign-ups, we may not pick you if your character seems out of line with the established world. This isnâ??t a first come, first serve basis-- take the time you need to make some really great sign-ups! And with that, happy writing![/size][/font][/center] Edited by Orcus