OtakuBoards

Unable to Post Comments

ElfDuchess

First I would like to note that I did look through most of the first three pages on this board to see if what I wanted was on there. It wasn't. Now...

I just got my new computer today - I've been needing on for awhile and the problems I've been having pushed me further long - however, I am unable to post comments now. I have tried several different times to post comments and, because I am now using windows 7 (instad of XP) and have google chrome, ths has me concerned.

Any help you could give m would be great.

I'm having the problem on theOtaku's world/news/ect. stuff. The place where I comment on people's wallpapers/eCards and reply to them. I tried both replying and just eaving a comment - but it always opens up a nw page and whenever I try to click reply it doesn't do anything. Also, if there isn't already a comment there, it just loads a blank page.

[color=#0000ff]It seems to be working okay for me. Let's get some details. What browser and operating system are you using? Do you (know if you) have Javascript disabled? Also, can you try it in another browser if you have one installed?[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Javascript is required so definitely don't disable it. I just did a quick test and it seems that enabling and then disabling compatibility mode breaks the comments on theOtaku. I'm working out a way to fix it now and I'll let you know if I come up with anything but regardless, you may want to look into a new browser as it seems more and more problems are cropping up with IE lately (and I don't mean security specifically - I've had rendering issues in IE where the same exact code displays perfectly on every other browser and validates against W3C's standards). I use Chrome personally but Firefox would also be a viable choice.[/color]

Alright, thank you. I will look into Chrome or Firefox - just see what I think would work the best. (I certainly don't want to keep IE if I cannot post comments here because of that.) I'll just try a couple of things and see what works. Thanks again.

• 1 year later...