OtakuBoards

FFX pushes 4 million; rumors about FFXI

The Darkness Bu

Final Fantasy X smashes yet another record in its existence: it is now the first ever PS2 game to push 4,000,000 copies out of manufacturing. Even with this impressive news, Square will still end the fiscal year on a sour note, with net losses of $133 million. These come as a result of the failed Final Fantasy: The Spririts Within endeavour.

Source and credit: The G.I.A.

It has been noted that Square has delayed the release of Final Fantasy XI for PlayStation 2 to April, to coincide with the launch of Sony's PlayStation 2 broadband services in Japan. Once more concrete information is available, it will be passed on to everyone.

I'm not too surprised that Final Fantasy X is the top selling PS2 game. The marketing behind it is phenominal and there's enough fanboys to keep the series alive forever. It really deserves to be on the top though. As for Final Fantasy XI...it's looking better everytime I see it anyway but I still think I'll be a little disappointed with it in a few ways.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shibatku [/i]
[B]I know FFXI is going to be online but someone said something about FFX going online or something is this true?????

Oh and I hope they don't lose so much money that FFXI is delayed??:bawl: [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Final Fantasy XI will be 100% online, whereas FFXII is the game which will be primarily single player, but which will feature online elements.

Based on this, I see FFXI as more of a game designed to launch Sony's online network (and what better game to do so?) but moreover, I think that it will be a test of how well the game works and is received. If it is received well, then I am sure Square would consider more online FF games in the future.[/size]