OtakuBoards

Ack. Gyorg.....

amiboshi

Okay, does anyone have any really good tips for beating Gyorg? I have the guide book, and it says you should be able to just hit him twice with the arrows, but that doesn't work. Supposedly, I have to hit him with an arrow (I know there are other ways) then get my Zora mask, and hit him with the barrier attack. But see, I'm very lacking in skillz with the Zora mask, so, does anyone have any really good help tips? I've been stuck here like 3 months, and it's just killing me!:flaming:

i have probs with him too :rolleyes:
but that's the way i do it - arrow, switch to zora mask, swim down and barrier him as you turn and swim back up and dolphin leap onto the island

it does take some doing, but it helps if you get the chateu romani (however you spell it) milk b4 facing him

good luck :D

[color=indigo]The way I did it, was, I got a bottle of Chateau Romani and drank it, so I had unlimited magic. When I fought Gyorg, I put on the Zora Mask and jumped in the water. I swam around, trying to avoid getting eaten and using the Zora Barrier against the side of Gyorg. I had about 15 Hearts, and I only lost about half my life and I didn't have to use any Potions or Fairies. That's the quickest way to beat it, and also the easiest, I think.

The other way to beat it, is to shoot arrows at it until you stun it, and then put on the Zora Mask, jump in the water, and use the Zora Barrier against it. When it's not stunned anymore, climb back up onto the platform and repeat, until it dies. You can tell that it's almost dead when it starts spitting little fish out of it's mouth.

Either way you do it, I highy recommend getting a bottle of Chateau Romani before going into the fight, and having at least one Fairy on hand (you can get one from one of the pots, next to the owl statue, behind Zora Hall).[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus_Ex_Machina [/i]
[B]I think I put on the Zora mask and used them boomerang type fins the zora has. that works too, but not from too far away. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yeah, and the Hookshot would probobly work too... It'd be hard to hit with, though, since it's so slow.[/color]

Okay. Maybe I'll try him again, now. But, How did you all just get Chateau Romani? I thought it was REALLY expensive, or you have to wait all that time with the alien thing. That's how I got my only bottle, but time was already up by that point. And when I tried just staying in the water, I couldn't do any damage. I just kept getting eaten when I was trying to Boomerang and stun hm.:demon:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]Or..OR. you could check on [url]www.otakugamer.com/zelda[/url] nd click on Boss Guide under MM. There are excellent boss stratigies written by ME!(true..) [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Not to bash on your writing or anything, but it wasn't very detailed...

Here's mine, that I just wrote:[/color]

[B]Or..OR. you could check on [url]www.otakugamer.com/zelda[/url] nd click on Boss Guide under MM. There are excellent boss stratigies written by ME!(true..) [/B][/QUOTE]

See! Even on that, it says "One hit to stun, second for damage"(Link). That doesn't work. It just keeps stunning him, then. :therock: Of course, being the stupid person I am, I'm probably just misunderstanding it.:cross:

i normally find it somewhat easy to make the money, just slow time and kill the dodongos in north termina field (arrows to the tail work best for me) during the day. keep killing them, and you'll have more than enough ruppees built up
:D :toothy:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amiboshi [/i]
[B]

See! Even on that, it says "One hit to stun, second for damage"(Link). That doesn't work. It just keeps stunning him, then. :therock: Of course, being the stupid person I am, I'm probably just misunderstanding it.:cross: [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Here's what it says:[/color]

"To harm him, you have to use double attacks. To stun him, hit him once, next score another hit to harm him. As Zora Link, you have to jump into the tank, and hit him with the Barrier Attack, A while swimming."

[color=indigo]It does say that the second hit will hurt it, but it also says that you have to use the Zora Barrier... Cunfusing... Of course, it doesn't actually say [I]what[/I] to hit it with for those first two hits, either...

I do know that just arrows won't hurt it, though, and I don't think anything beside the Zora Barrier will.[/color]

[B]Sigh...What I ment was....

You need to hit Gyrog twice to hurt him. One hit stuns him, and the next hit does damage. If you do it as normal Link, it takes two arrows to damage him. As Zora Link, it takes two hits with either the barrier attack, or the fins to hurt him. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]You're totally wrong...

I just went and fought it, and I unloaded over 75 arrows into it's eye... It didn't flash red (the sign that you're hurting it) ONCE. Same with the Zora Boomarangs... The only way I could hurt it was with the Zora Barrier. And if you're using the Zora Barrier, it only takes one hit to hurt it, even if it's not stunned. Stunning it just makes it easier to hit.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
[color=indigo]You're totally wrong...

I just went and fought it, and I unloaded over 75 arrows into it's eye... It didn't flash red (the sign that you're hurting it) ONCE. Same with the Zora Boomarangs... The only way I could hurt it was with the Zora Barrier. And if you're using the Zora Barrier, it only takes one hit to hurt it, even if it's not stunned. Stunning it just makes it easier to hit.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

You're right. I wasted all my time trying to hurt it with those stupid arrows. They're only good for stunning him. I suppose I just have to gather my guts and jump into the tank.:nervous: But I don't want to!!!!!

[color=indigo]If you have some Chareau Romani and a couple of Fairies, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Try doing it the fun way, and just jump in at the start and don't climb up onto the platform until it's dead. :) If you have unlimited magic, from the Chateau Romani, you can just swim around with the Zora Barrier on the whole time. Swim around and ram yourself into Gyorg's side, and you'll both hurt it and stun it long enough for you to hit it again. Just keep swimmimg into it's side, until you get pushed around it. Then swim around and do this again, until it's dead.

Or, I suppose you can stun it with arrows or the Zora Boomarangs... But it's not as exciting that way![/color]

Man, you people! You act like it's a big deal! So what? It's not like you had to go out and write your own....whats the point? If you don't like it, fine! don't use it! Besides, theres no point in bitching about it...I'm pulling that info off the site, so i can rewrite it................Except for the mask guide...thats really long...

[B]Man, you people! You act like it's a big deal! So what? It's not like you had to go out and write your own....whats the point? If you don't like it, fine! don't use it! Besides, theres no point in bitching about it...I'm pulling that info off the site, so i can rewrite it................Except for the mask guide...thats really long... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]It's not a big deal, I'm justing pointing out what's wrong with it.
And I wrote my own, because that's what I do. I'll be putting it on my website, when I make the Majora's Mask section. I already have strategies that I wrote for all the A Link to the Past bosses.[/color]