OtakuBoards

A small dedication..

Dan L

I have decided to make a 'dedication thread' for my mum's boss, prof. Richard Johannson. He is a consultant in obstetrics(one of the few words I'm unsure of the spelling for) at the North Staffordshire Hospital. He is dedicated to his research into making child birth safer for everyone (did you know the amount of bad things that can happen, but no one talks about them? It's scary!). He really is a great guy. He once invited me and my brother round his house after this big barbecue thingy. Who else's mum's boss would do that (and I mean, this was a big house).To my mum, he's more than a boss, he's also a great friend.
Now for the tragedy. Richard has been diagnosed with cancer. four months ago, he was given two months to live, and seemed to be doing alright, but he has deteriorated badly these last few days, and my mum thinks he has only weeks to live.
I think it's safe to say that all that know him will miss him...

[color=indigo] It is upsetting when tragic things happen to the best of people...Maybe he will be fortunate and be able to fight back a little longer. But if that is not the case, at least his friends and family will remember him for the lives that he touched and the goodness in his heart. I wish him well and wish his family strength.[/color]

Hey my prayers are with you! But don't give up hope yet! My grandmother has been diagnosed both with Lukemia and Alzthiemers....They gave her 2 more months to live...its been 3 years and 2 months...sadly tho we don't think she is gonna live much longer....not more than 2 weeks...

But yeah think of Lance Armstrong...He was givinga 2% chance of life...and he won! Just keep hoping!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DuoGod of Death [/i]
[B]Hey my prayers are with you! But don't give up hope yet! My grandmother has been diagnosed both with Lukemia and Alzthiemers....They gave her 2 more months to live...its been 3 years and 2 months...sadly tho we don't think she is gonna live much longer....not more than 2 weeks...
[/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, that's kind of what's happened here. He was given two months to live, and that was... actually I think it was 6 months ago. But in the last week or so he's really deteriorated. He looks like he's aged by 10 years.