Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Now, I know that there is a sister-site of the OtakuBoards called OtakuPoetry, but that's on hi-atus, so I'd like to post a poem up here, so that it can be read for Valentine's Day.

I'd just like an opinion of my poem, and feel free to use it for your dates (If you have one). I won't mind. Just read all of it, and you'll realize why it's a Valentine's poem.

"The Star"

I sit underneath the black velvet sky,
While the sky stands ablaze,
With nature's candles,
Lit every night for the rest of eternity.

I'd stare up at the deep night,
And behold it with wonder,
For that which I see,
Happened many millenia ago.

With the stars lies the cresent moon,
There, and yet not,
For I have no room for it's regard,
As my thoughts lie elsewhere.

There in the black heavens,
Lies beauty incomperable,
A sight among sights,
To behold it is to be blessed.

A star shining brighter than the other,
A vista,
A fleeting moment forever caught,
One of a kind.

Then I look at you,
There sitting next to me,
And I ask myself,
Are you not that very same star?
Posted
[b]lol, tha's great!! I saw the end coming. I must admit, it's a brilliant idea, very well done ^_^ I congratulate you ;) I wouldn't dare steal it from you to use it though, cuz it's yours. Good stuff fella.[/b]
Posted
[color=blue]Thats really good D.D, I didn't know you did poetry too. Have you done anything else? if you have I'd really like to read it so mail it to me if you do.:)[/color]
Posted
Why don't you post some here?

I think your poem is real good, it definatly seems a lot different to the mushed up ones around..

[COLOR=blue]Keep it up![/COLOR] :)
Posted
[COLOR=red]Call me stupid,but I like peoms that rhyme,but its EXCELENT for people who like REAL poetry....I just like the rhymes...[/COLOR] :o
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by () [/i]
[B][COLOR=red]Call me stupid,but I like peoms that rhyme,but its EXCELENT for people who like REAL poetry....I just like the rhymes...[/COLOR] :o [/B][/QUOTE]

Hell no, I aint gon' call you stupid!

And as for the poem... that was great D.D.. ;)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by () [/i]
[B][COLOR=red]Call me stupid,but I like peoms that rhyme,but its EXCELENT for people who like REAL poetry....I just like the rhymes...[/COLOR] :o [/B][/QUOTE]
real poetry can rhyme..as long as it comes from depths and has meaning its real....heh i also have a thing for rhyming poems..just helps the movement of it...
but that was a great poem ^-^ keep up the good work

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...