OtakuBoards

Final Fanatsy X Help!!!!

Guest Shift

[size=3][color=deeppink]On the bridge after the Calm Lands... there is a gigantic
golem-like fiend...I need tips on how to beat it, I've tried way to many times [/color][/size]

[COLOR=deeppink]Herman, I already told you a decent strategy on how to beat it. Hit it with Armor Break, and maybe Mental Break. I don't know if Power Break works on it, though. A good team would be Yuna, Auron, and Tidus. Have Tidus cast Hastega or Haste, whichever you happen to have, and cast it. Then have Yuna cast Protect. That should sheild you from the dreaded power of that thing.[/COLOR]

Nerdsy basically covered it, but I'll elaborate further. In addition to everything he said, make sure that you have powerful spells like Waterga. Cura will come in handy as well, as you'll be able to heal your party if he delivers any significant damage. If you have Yuna's overdrive, Healer, her Grand Summon will be available in no time. Don't summon a guardian unless it's overdrive is up or you're wasting it. Defender X'll knock the guardian out in like one hit.

Lastly, cast a darkness spell on it; it can't give you massive damage if it can't touch you.

And this strategy isn't particular to this boss, make sure you customize your equipment often. Especially things like piercing, strength plus 20%, break damage limit, and maybe some more strength. With these things equipped, you can do A LOT of damage. Break damage limit allows you to go above 9999 damage, I got my Tidus, Auron, and Yuna all to do about 250000 damage (Yuna used Holy of course). And many bosses will come easy.

I doubt that he'd have enough dark matter to do that, and besides break max damage only lets you go up to 99,999, dunno how you're getting 250k. Anyway I was going to reccomend darkness!...bah...well you don't need to use aeons only for attacking you know, cast hastega on your party and then whoever has a turn right before the boss, switch them out to Yuna and have her summon an aeon. If you want, the aeon could use shield to survive til the next round, but I usually just have it attack. If Defender X kills it oh well, Aeons make extremely useful shields. You shouldn't need to use every one of them as a shield. Besides if you've successfully broken his defense and magic defense, the aeons can do a lot of damage. Also if you've gotten some of the character's legendary weapons, your aeons will break max damage (you don't need to power the weapons up to do that).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=deeppink]I don't know if Power Break works on it, though.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue]Nope.From the point where you first fight Seymour,You can't use Power Break on most boss's.And the Defender type Enemies are Immune to Power break,So it wouldn't work on him.[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...