Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Tekken and State of Emergency Movies Announced


Recommended Posts

Posted
Tekken and State of Emergency movies announced
A follow up to yesterday's news, Hollywood Reporter has reported that Crystal Sky has officially secured the movie rights to Namco's fighting series, Tekken. Crystal Skies reportedly paid $60 million for the specific rights.

"The game has fun characters and is a wonderful story," said Steven Paul, president and CEO of Crystal Sky. "[Unlike some other games], this has a whole style of its own and is a really fun piece that is very commercial."

In a related story, New Line Cinema has announced that State of Emergency for the PS2 will also be a feature film. Warren Zide and Craig Perry of the American Pie series will be producing the film, as they will take notes from SOE developer Vis Entertainment.

"To be able to create a franchisable action movie that appeals to young audiences based on a highly successful video game is something we've been looking for, and State of Emergency is a perfect fit," Zide said. "We're thrilled to be producing this movie for New Line, which has shared our enthusiasm from the beginning."

"They are a phenomenally talented bunch of individuals, and this is truly an honor for them as much as it is for the company," said Chris Van Der Kuyl, president of Vis Entertainment. "I'd like to thank them all and intend to get them partying very, very soon indeed.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by King Penn [/i]
[B]lets just hope the tekken movie doesn't follow in the footsteps of the street fighter movie (shudders) [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I happened to like the Street Fighter Movie, it was alot better than the Mario or Double Dragon one...

Though I haven't played State of Emergency I think it might make a fun movie. I don't really like the Tekken Games *hides under table* and I doubt the movie will turn out good. I could be wrong though, I though Mortal Kombat 2 was going to be good, lol.[/SIZE]
Posted
hey, mario was a high qualty movie........(every one stares at boris for a long time, then boris sees the knuckles and braces come out, oh no, help...........)




but it looks good, i hope its good, and i know some guy will wait out side the theatr just to see it.... i wonder who?????
Posted
Well, I'll have a wait and see attitude for these films. I'm personally shocked that they would release a State of Emergency movie, seeing as how the game was almost canceled because of the 9/11 tragedy. Well, at least they can't screw up the plot seeing as how there isn't much of one.
Posted
Well I liked the Street Fighter movie, not so much this Mario one though.... :rolleyes: The Tekken movie sounds great, I think it'll turn out to be a big movie. :) And ummm.... what's State Of Emergency? Is it a game?
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]And ummm.... what's State Of Emergency? Is it a game? [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, a new game from rockstar, creators of max payne and gta3, the game has you controlling citizens in huge riots, its a blast to play, though kinda short....
Guest Altron Gundam
Posted
The Street Fighter movie was sad in live action...I hope they don't duplicate Fist of the North Star(live action)...that was the saddest thing I have ever seen...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]The Street Fighter movie was sad in live action...I hope they don't duplicate Fist of the North Star(live action)...that was the saddest thing I have ever seen... [/B][/QUOTE]

erm, fist of the north star was already made live action, and man was it cheap -_-
Guest Solid Snake
Posted
[COLOR=teal]Please, are these movies planned to be released as live action or animation? The only reason I am asking is because I remember a Mario movie in live action, and a Street Fighter movie in animation. Sorry to be bothersum.

They both sound very interesting, and I am excited to see how they play out. Hopefully the plot will not go in a whole different direction like the new Resident Evil movie. I thank you for putting this topic up.[/COLOR]

:blah:
Guest Solid Snake
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]yeah, they will be live action....

and a tekken anime movie was already released some time ago, it was ok.... [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=teal]Ah, I see. I will be most interested to see how the State of Emergency movie plays out. Imagine such a riot...[/COLOR]

:blah:
Posted
i just hope they are better than the streetfigher, mario, and double dragon movies. but i'll see em anyway. :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

yeah, a new game from rockstar, creators of max payne and gta3, the game has you controlling citizens in huge riots, its a blast to play, though kinda short.... [/B][/QUOTE]
OOOoo, it sounds like it a first of it's kind... sounds like a great game. And now they're making a movie! ....man, I'm gonna be seeing it for sure.. :)
Posted
[COLOR=indigo]I recently bought Tekken four, and it's sweet!!! My dad wouldn't let me get State of Emergency, because he said "I like the Tekken Games and then went into this big thing about what-not, and I walked away...[/COLOR]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Herman Nation [/i]
[B][COLOR=indigo]I recently bought Tekken four, and it's sweet!!! My dad wouldn't let me get State of Emergency, because he said "I like the Tekken Games and then went into this big thing about what-not, and I walked away...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Tekken 4 isn't even out for PS2 in Japan yet. Heck, it won't be out in America until September. Don't be a fibber....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

What are you talking about? Tekken 4 isn't even out for PS2 in Japan yet. Heck, it won't be out in America until September. Don't be a fibber.... [/B][/QUOTE]

haha, looks like somebody was caught out :p

maybe he means tekken tag, the ONLY ps2 tekken game at the moment....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...