Chaos Posted February 26, 2002 Posted February 26, 2002 Heh......... Never actually played it, but heard it was good. Does someone have a site with reviews/pictures? I'd like to read up on it s'more. O_o;;;;;;; -Neil
DeathKnight Posted February 26, 2002 Posted February 26, 2002 [color=crimson]Blood Wake Reviews At: [url=http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2837694,00.html]Gamespot[/url] [url=http://xbox.ign.com/articles/166/166347p1.html]IGN[/url] [url=http://www.game-revolution.com/games/xbox/action/blood_wake.htm] Game Revolution[/url] [url=http://www.gamerspulse.com/reviews_2002/Xbox/917/bloodwake.shtml]Gamer's Pulse[/url] Blood Wake Screens At: [url=http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screenindex/0,11104,516534,00.html]Gamespot[/url] [url=http://www.xboxgamers.com/games/b/bloodwake/]X Box Gamers[/url] thats jus a few...[/color]
NorykoAngelcry Posted February 26, 2002 Posted February 26, 2002 [COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Honestly, I played just the demo, and thought this game was totally sloppy. The controls were horrible, and at times, I would be gunning my control stick in full throttle, and not moving at all. Other times, I would try to turn, and my boat would be SOOOOO slow. On a side note, I DO know how to drive a boat in real life, and I know all the handling, and controls, and the movement of boats. Needless to say, this game is seriously horrible when it came to controls. The story line I am sure is good =/ and the graphics are not ugly =/ but for my money, the game better be able to be PLAYABLE!! . . . *sigh* Seems X-Box is dropping the ball on a lot of games. [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Chaos Posted February 27, 2002 Author Posted February 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i] [B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Honestly, I played just the demo, and thought this game was totally sloppy. The controls were horrible, and at times, I would be gunning my control stick in full throttle, and not moving at all. Other times, I would try to turn, and my boat would be SOOOOO slow. On a side note, I DO know how to drive a boat in real life, and I know all the handling, and controls, and the movement of boats. Needless to say, this game is seriously horrible when it came to controls. The story line I am sure is good =/ and the graphics are not ugly =/ but for my money, the game better be able to be PLAYABLE!! . . . *sigh* Seems X-Box is dropping the ball on a lot of games. [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE] Yes, the commercials I have seen had some sloppy screenplay. Very sloppy. The turns were indeed HORRIBLE. Ah, a fellow boater! Hah-HA! Finally. Someone to race. :twitch: Anyway, thanks you two. You've helped me(I'm actually NOT going to recommend this to my friend now.) greatly. Thanks! :) -Neil
Charles Posted February 28, 2002 Posted February 28, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperSayian [/i] [B] Yes, the commercials I have seen had some sloppy screenplay. Very sloppy. The turns were indeed HORRIBLE. Ah, a fellow boater! Hah-HA! Finally. Someone to race. :twitch: Anyway, thanks you two. You've helped me(I'm actually NOT going to recommend this to my friend now.) greatly. Thanks! :) -Neil [/B][/QUOTE] Eh, I don't know. If your friend is starved for an Xbox game it's not all [I]that[/I] bad. The graphics are actually quite nice. The control is sloppy though, but it's not unplayable. I'd say that the worst thing about it is the horrible drawings and sucky voice acting. If he's stuck with the Box though, he wouldn't do bad to get the game.
Fall Posted March 1, 2002 Posted March 1, 2002 It's an alright game.... especially if you like games such as "Quake" and such.... but yeah, some of the play in the game is sloppy, and at times it gets hard to control...
Chaos Posted March 1, 2002 Author Posted March 1, 2002 Actually, he went and got Halo......Grrrrrrr...........I'm so jealous..*walks off muttering*
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now