OtakuBoards

How do you spell...

Lord Scyrath

Guest Shift
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lord Scyrath [/i]
[B]Is it Sho Goku or Son Goku ?

Vegeta or Vegita.

I've seen lots of different ways, of how to spell their names, but which is the right one ? [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Okay it's Son Gokou in japanese Goku english, and It's Vegita-sama japanese and Vegeta english.[/SIZE]

Guest Shift
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by k9* [/i]
[B]actually, it's bejita in japanese. japanese is more of a phonics based language, so most spellings of the names are 'correct'. [/B][/QUOTE]

I did not know that thank you k9*, *goes and looks in his japanese dictionary*

[SIZE=1][color=indigo]Hrmmm... I'm pretty sure this isa rather semi-pointless topic that could result in a lot of repetitive posts. I'm going to close it just so we don't get all these repeated posts. I'm sure if/when Transtic [or some other Japanese knowledgeable SM] looks in this thread he'll post the correct Japanese names of whatever characters you asked for, if not, no biggy, just look them up online at a reliable web rescource.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by k9* [/i]
[B]actually, it's bejita in japanese. japanese is more of a phonics based language, so most spellings of the names are 'correct'. [/B][/QUOTE]

Technically yes....

As said above, the Japanese language is based on pronunciation and speaking.... where as English is based on writing.... In Japanese, there is no symbol or sound for "V"... so instead, "B" is used... this is the same for "L".... "R" is used in it's place... Instead of saying "Blue" one would speak it sounding more like "Brue"... but when said fast enough and correctly enough, it's very hard to tell the difference... go ahead and try it yourself if you need proof :p

Also let me reiderate.... there will NEVER be a correct spelling in English for anything Japanese... it just simply can't be done... Just spell it how you like... or well, in this case how it sounds.... Son is the correct pronunciation, so spell it as you wish...