OtakuBoards

Tenchi in Tokyo

The Merchant

Guest CrestOfEmpathy
If Tenchi were gay, he wouldn't have hooked up with Sakuya. If he had fancied one of the other girls, he would have hooked up with them. But he didn't. The reason for this is quite simple - none of them were his type. Lots of people will disagree, but from Tenchi's point of view, none of the girls living at the Masaki house could he quite see himself with. And then he met Sakuya, and the rest is history. So what if she hadn't been around as long as the other girls? That doesn't mean she has no right to date him! That's just plain ridiculous. None of the girls get Tenchi in the other series without Sakuya anyway, so I doubt it makes much difference. I thought it was a good idea to have Tenchi fall in love with a new girl - it certainly made the series different from the other two. So what if the animation wasn't as good? It's hardly the main focus of the show. And I thought it was good to have a completely different villain - did anyone honestly want to see Tenchi duke it out with Kagato AGAIN? And Yugi's minions made it more interesting - like that blonde guy, Hotsuma, who almost got Ryoko. Now THAT was a plot twist! I've never seen another male candidate for Ryoko before. Usually it's 'Tenchi or nothing!'. And Yugi becoming friends with Sasami? Did nobody else think that was neat?

• 3 weeks later...
If you all are talking about the English dubbed version, yeah I must say it stinked. But the Japanese version is rather good I must say, I think its better than Universe. But I think everyone would agree that the original Tenchi Muyo series is by far the best.

Here?s what I think. Just as Tenchi was about to get close to anyone, someone else would sort of get in the way. So when Tenchi went to Tokyo, and when the girls weren?t jumping threw
portals to see him, he was alone to spend time with Sakuya. Personally I would?ve like to seen him end up with Ryoko.;)