Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
This is not a poll because I don't feel like doing a poll. So, which is your favorite of them all and why?

Mine Is Gundam Wing, because I can really relate to the confusion of these fifteen-year old boys thrown into a very adult world. I'm almost 22, but I'm in my 6'th and final year of college. I skipped middle school. Over the summer I went from going into seventh, to going into ninth. I missed a crucial part of growing up. I was thrown into an almost adult world. But, at 16 I graduated from David Douglas High School with top honors. (wow, I got out of control) What I'm trying to convey here is that I was forced to grow up too fast. Just like the G-boys.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
My favorite Gundam Series would have to be Gundam 0083:Stardust Memory,But i've only seen 0083,0080,08th MS Team,Mobile Suit, and Wing.I have also just bought Gundam X,And G-Savior,So when they come in,I might change my view of Gundam.
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Well I don't usually particpate in these type of threads but I had some time to spare so I figured what the heck! My favorite Gundam shows are

Mobile Suit Gundam
Gundam 0080
Gundam 0083
Gundam Zeta
Gundam ZZ (double Zeta)

and from the alternate universe
Gundam Wing and Gundam X

I really didn't like Gundam G all that much, I found the show a bit bland and out of tune from the Gundam shows that I have grown acustom to!:)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]

I really didn't like Gundam G all that much, I found the show a bit bland and out of tune from the Gundam shows that I have grown acustom to!:) [/B][/QUOTE]

yeah, but I liked g gundam because of its crazyness, it was a nice change of pace in the gundam series even though many gundam fans didn't like it because they thought it was different to the gundam shows that they grew accustomed to....
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]

yeah, but I liked g gundam because of its crazyness, it was a nice change of pace in the gundam series even though many gundam fans didn't like it because they thought it was different to the gundam shows that they grew accustomed to.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I will give G Gundam some points on originality but some of the Gundams were a bit stereotypical. Also the whole part about Domo(hope that was his name I don't remember) Gundam turning gold when his anger grew to its fullest extent reminded me of the whole Super Saiyajin thing from DBZ! I however am curious as to how the English Dub will be like and how much the names will be changed!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Rick Hunter [/i]
[B]

Well I will give G Gundam some points on originality but some of the Gundams were a bit stereotypical. Also the whole part about Domo(hope that was his name I don't remember) Gundam turning gold when his anger grew to its fullest extent reminded me of the whole Super Saiyajin thing from DBZ! I however am curious as to how the English Dub will be like and how much the names will be changed! [/B][/QUOTE]

his name was domon, though I myself liked rain and allenby better, lol....

yeah, I see where your coming from with the whole super saiyajin thing from dbz, the series was released after dbz and I hear that the creator was a bit of a dbz fan....

a lot of the names have been changed, there's a thread here somewhere in gundam stating what the name changes are, I personally don't see why they would get so upset with 2 gundams, one names god, the other devil, ah well....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by _Shiro Amada_ [/i]
[B]huh, Gundam? wtf is that?! [/B][/QUOTE]

Hehehe......no. (spam)

Fave series?? Hmmm. I got a bunch. Starting from the original 0079 up to CCA (Char's Counter-Attack). Its basically most of UC.
Posted
i like gundam wing but didnt c all the series...
i dont even know which is which!
i like the series with Heero,Duo,Quater,Trowa and Wu Fei in it!
Posted
08th Team has been my favorite so far. Im still watching 0083 and I am about to get all the episodes of X on VCDs.Next seies I want to see is mobileg fighter.
Posted
[COLOR=red] I loved the 0083 Series. It was short and sweet and very easy to follow. Some of the other Gundam series confused me too much or just were too long to follow!!!![/COLOR]
Posted
I would say 0083 Stardust memory is my fav in the normal universe. As for alternate: Its tied between Gunam X and Gundam Wing. I've always wanted to know who would in a battle: Wing Zero Custom or the Double X? (and maybe the upgraded GX);)
Posted
Well, I just bought both Gundam X and Mobile Fighter G Gundam,Almost finished both, And I like After War Gundam X the best with Mobile Fighter G Gundam being a close second.

Also, Zero(Boy, [I]Thats[/I] wierd...), The Gundam X would Win no matter what,I any form it had. The Gundam X because it had the Cannon, The X Divider because of the Beam Harmonica, And the Double X because it has been said that it's twin satilite cannons can put a hole directly through the Earth's middle.
Posted
Yeah I know its wierd taking to another Zero:) (too many Zeros out there) Yeah, you've got points about the Sat. Cannon and the Divider Zero-Sama. However they're both flawed, the Sat. Cannon can only be used when the moon is out (day or night) so its useless pretty much in the day and even if the moon was out, you still got to charge the gun up. As for the divider, its flaw isn't too serious in the right hands. As long as whoever is fighting the GX don't give the pilot time to pull it out they're ok (but he does, the other guy better have a fast mech;) ) As for the rest of the weapons, they're all ok (having two of everything is plus). Now Wing Zero is different story... First you got that gun...now its not as powerful as the Double X's Sat Cannon... but its not limited to day/night times. It even has 3 modes of firing: Seperated, together and the charged shot. Its flaw is: its his only gun, its too powerful in that you gotta worry about whats behind the target....don't wanna blow up a colony by accident. It only has 2 chain machineguns, but from the looks of things they hold ALOT of ammo. (We've seen Heero use it alot in some battles and it took a while to waste it) Finally you got that Cockpit that makes anybody a professional polit or a total killer, another flaw, only some guys can use this without going nuts. Beam sabers don't count since both mechs have 2 sabers. So thats why I asked. They're both pretty much even.:lecture:
Posted
Ah, My Friend, Theres also the little fact that whenever Garrod tries to use the satlitle Cannon(s), His enemies get so scared they pause and wait to attack because they basicly know that their mech could be the fastest in the universe,But Garrod can still move where he aims when he fires. Also,They know that if they do attack,They can only do it once, And it better destroy the whole gundam or both(or one) of the cannons.
Posted
My favorite would would have to be either Gundam Wing, and the 8th ms team.

P.S where do they show gundam any more. It's not on toonami.
Posted
08th ms team is the best. Especially with norris's gouf and the obsilous. 2 greatest mobile weapons ever (i say weapons instead of suits because the obsilous was a mobile armor). Plus no gundam is cooler then Shiro's ez-8.:demon:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...