OtakuBoards

Happy Birthday Toonami

Zachary

I think friday was toonamis 5th birthday, and they showed a movie. Blue Sub 6 i think. Well i watch some of it and its pretty cool. the next day i went to a Video rental store. I looked at Blue sub 6 and it said on the box parental admision advised. Why is it suggested for 17 and older, Cartoon network showed it. Did they delete all the swears? It didnt look that violent to me

Guest Imsirion
Yah, it was toonami's b-day and I saw part of Blue sub #6 cause I saw it already. Im sure they edited the cussing. But once in Tenchi Muyo or Universe, I swear that Ryoko said damn and no, it wasn't adult swim, just regular in the middle of the day toonami.

[font=comic sans ms]I don't even know why they edit out such words. We adults use that often (I'm 32), and such words as 'damn' is not even very string language; it is, in fact, the shortened form of 'condemned'. It has even found its way to legitimate usage for a long time now. I would censor strong language such as the 'f' word, but not this one.

Anyway, to be on topic, I hope that Toonami will continue on, and that they show more anime. It is good to know that anime has become more regular now, and that even American cartoons are starting to copy the style of anime.[/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Milliardo [/i]
[B][font=comic sans ms]I don't even know why they edit out such words. We adults use that often (I'm 32), and such words as 'damn' is not even very string language; it is, in fact, the shortened form of 'condemned'. It has even found its way to legitimate usage for a long time now. I would censor strong language such as the 'f' word, but not this one.[/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

Pardon my rudeness, but adults? You think you're the only ones that cuss? Hell no. I say 'fuçk' about.........twenty times a day. Jeez.. That's one thing I think is wrong with adults. You guys were rasied on the basis that kids are sweet little kids that should just sit still and be quiet. I'm not blaming you personally Milliardo; it's how you were raised. That's why it's such a shock when parents here kids today curse... But for us, it's as normal as daylight..lol. ut back in topic now..

Yes, Friday was indeed Toonami's 5th birthday.. And I for one hope they get off of their lazy arses and put the rest of the Buu Saga back on... *glares at CN*

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Um SuperSayian, lets try to keep it clean here ok, we don't promote swearing on the boards ok!

:)

from a common sense point of view, milliardo does have a point, come on supersayian, do you really think toonami should not censor the swearing when they know like 99% of their viewers are under 15? can you really see characters saying the F word at 4pm? thats why swearing doesn't kick in until after the watershed, and since CN is exactly what it says, a cartoon network, I doubt they will allow cussing on the show anytime soon....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SuperSayian [/i]
[B]But for us, it's as normal as daylight.[/B][/QUOTE]

[font=comic sans ms]It doesn't mean it's right, just because people use it now, does it? And yes, we were raised to be decent and good. If you're raised otherwise, I'd question the wisdom of your parents. But I would think they're wise.

Anyway, to be back on topic (again): what anime would be shown in Toonami? I doubt that there's really much that can be shown unedited. Most would involve some form of editing, though of course some would be more heavily edited than others. One anime that might pass without much editing (only minimal would be done) would be [i]Oh! My Goddess![/i]. I don't know how many would view [i]shoujo[/i] anime though, and a romantic one at that.[/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zachary [/i]
[B]How much swears does Blue sub 6 have? I heard 1 swear in the whole thing and that was Dam [/B][/QUOTE][color=green]Well I'm sure I heard "damn" more than 4 times in it. And a few others, but I'm not too sure whether they were what I thought they were.... ;)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Milliardo [/i]
[B][font=comic sans ms]I don't even know why they edit out such words. We adults use that often (I'm 32), and such words as 'damn' is not even very string language; it is, in fact, the shortened form of 'condemned'. It has even found its way to legitimate usage for a long time now. I would censor strong language such as the 'f' word, but not this one.

Anyway, to be on topic, I hope that Toonami will continue on, and that they show more anime. It is good to know that anime has become more regular now, and that even American cartoons are starting to copy the style of anime.[/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]They would think that a 32 year old would not watch Toonami. I couldn't watch all of the movie but the some of it that I saw was real good.

I didn't know it was Toonami's birthday 5 days ago, but late Happy B-Day. I like Toonami except that they had to have not shown all the Buu saga episodes.[/COLOR]