OtakuBoards

CardCaptors Change

SakuraHope

When Cardcaptors was brought over by the US it was changed just like practly every other anime show. The names were changed too:

Sakura Avalon= Sakura Kinomoto
Li Showron= Sayoron Li
Madison Taylor= Tomouya
That's just a sample. Anyway, the crushes were defferent too.

Sakura likes Julian, Julian likes Tori, Tori likes some red-headed girl, Madison likes Sakura, Sakura likes Li, Li likes Julian, Melin likes Li, Li likes Sakura, and Eli likes Madison.

Weird huh...?

[font=comic sans ms]I don't understand by what you mean about the changes in relationships, then again I haven't seen the dub, since I live here in Asia. Anyway, if you made an example of those relationships you've listed, as far as I know they're the exact same relationships in the original, unless you uninentionally used the dub names instead of the original.[/font]

Well... I guess I did do that huh? My bad... I didn't mean to confuse you in any way... It's just that well Sakura is her name in both versions, but her last name was changed. Madison name is Tomouya. Li's name was switched around, (his first name was the same just writen in another place). Melin is Meiling in the original.

But what I ment by al that, this person likes this person stuff was that Madison is gay, Li is a by, Julian is gay and sakura can't make up her mind.

Also in the Japanese verson, Sakura's freind, Rika, is dating the 5th grade teacher, Mr. Fujiama.LOL

Sakura

They do a lot more running because their kinda cowards until there's nowhere to run. Did you know that Meling is married to Li in the original. Their also cousins. But he breaks off the marraige after he falls in love with Sakura. That is not where I got my name though. Anyway, then at the end of the series he tells her that he loves her. She doesn't answer. But befor that he told her that he had to go back to China. And then he left. she doesn't confess to him until the second movie. But that is a entirely diferent story.

:blush: Sakura:blush:

I read that Li's mother(forget the name) wanted Li to marry Sakura because the people with Clow magic should be together.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SkuraHope
Also in the Japanese verson, Sakura's freind, Rika, is dating the 5th grade teacher, Mr. Fujiama.LOL[/QUOTE]
How is this possible? I read something about them, but i don't remember.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mina Karusala [/i]
[B]I read that Li's mother(forget the name) wanted Li to marry Sakura because the people with Clow magic should be together.

[quote]Originally posted by SakuraHope
Also in the Japanese verson, Sakura's freind, Rika, is dating the 5th grade teacher, Mr. Fujiama.LOL[/quote]

How is this possible? I read something about them, but i don't remember. [/B][/QUOTE]

Rika doesn't date Mr. Fujiama, she just wishes she could. :laugh: lol.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kool_aid13 [/i]
[B]

Rika doesn't date Mr. Fujiama, she just wishes she could. :laugh: lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's true... But she did get Mr. Fujiama a birthday present and in the 8th episode intitled Sakura's Rival Appears of the Japanese vesion they were blushing at each other and well rumor has it that they go out later in the series, but i'm going to check into that myself so i'll write soon...

And i'll check to see if Li's mom truelly said that she wants them to get married... I heard she just wants Cardcaptors in the family...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SakuraHope [/i]
[B]Well... I guess I did do that huh? My bad... I didn't mean to confuse you in any way... It's just that well Sakura is her name in both versions, but her last name was changed. Madison name is Tomouya. Li's name was switched around, (his first name was the same just writen in another place). Melin is Meiling in the original.

But what I ment by al that, this person likes this person stuff was that Madison is gay, Li is a by, Julian is gay and sakura can't make up her mind.

Also in the Japanese verson, Sakura's freind, Rika, is dating the 5th grade teacher, Mr. Fujiama.LOL

Sakura [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=purple]Most people already knew this stuff.. myself at least..

and Rika did more than date him.. in the manga Mr.Fujiama gave Rika an engagement ring.

In the episode with the sword card and the illusion card in the original Japanese epsiode Sakura didn't command the illusion card to project the image Rika fears most, she commanded it to project the image she loves most.[/COLOR]

I was planning to buy that video to see what really happened in that episode... And the reason I wrote all of that was just incase anyone didn't know or just started to get into the show.... I hope that is a good reson... And what does the ring look like...???

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DBZChikaGhan [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=purple]
In the episode with the sword card and the illusion card in the original Japanese epsiode Sakura didn't command the illusion card to project the image Rika fears most, she commanded it to project the image she loves most.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
They changed that? geez i realy am thankfull that i get the spanish versions of anime becouse the english versions change too many things.

Back too topic, i think Li´s mom does want that li and sakuras get married.