OtakuBoards

Game Over: The Book Of Nintendo

Red

[B]I have recently read this book, it is an old book, only telling Nintendos history up to the point of Playstation's release.
Yet it has given me a fantastic insight into how Nintendo was founded and managed. Did you know that Nintendos owner/runner since the 70s (I don't know if he still owns the company now) didn't want to take over the company from his father and has never played a single Nintendo game except for the NES game called [i]go[/i] (A popular Japanese kind of strategy game, like a very complex chess). The book is fantastic and I highly reccomend it to anyone who likes Nintendo.

It's called Game Over and it's by David Sheff [/B]

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]If you would like to order this book through Amazon, click [URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0788163205/qid=1017267512/sr=2-1/102-0400536-7924124]here[/URL].

The book is actually called "Game over : How Nintendo Zapped an American Industry, Captured Your Dollars, & Enslaved Your Children." I have not heard of this book, but from the title it seems to be bashing Nintendo. If this is the case, then you probably shouldn't be recommending it here, since a lot of people who will read this are hardcore Nintendo fans.[/color]

:blah:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B][color=teal]If you would like to order this book through Amazon, click [URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0788163205/qid=1017267512/sr=2-1/102-0400536-7924124]here[/URL].[/color]
[/B][/QUOTE]
Erm..... that link leads to a book called "A Tresurary of Rhymes"... :drunk:

Guest Solid Snake
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]
Erm..... that link leads to a book called "A Tresurary of Rhymes"... :drunk: [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]No, the link leads to Amazon.com and Game Over. I do not know where your computer brought you, but it sure wasn't the link that I provided.[/COLOR]

:blah:

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B][color=teal]If you would like to order this book through Amazon, click [URL=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0788163205/qid=1017267512/sr=2-1/102-0400536-7924124]here[/URL].

The book is actually called "Game over : How Nintendo Zapped an American Industry, Captured Your Dollars, & Enslaved Your Children." I have not heard of this book, but from the title it seems to be bashing Nintendo. If this is the case, then you probably shouldn't be recommending it here, since a lot of people who will read this are hardcore Nintendo fans.[/color]

:blah: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]The book isn't bashing Nintendo. It takes a look at Nintendo's tremendous success since the 1970's :)[/color]