Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Guest Solid Snake
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kristoff119 [/i]
[B]Has anybody heard about this 3 foot tall gameboy. If you want to see the website, click [URL=http://gameman.loungespot.com/]here[/URL]. [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]As for the link, there is something in today's society that we like to call a political cartoon. This is as such. It most likely shows the relationship of the GameBoy to the people, saying that it has had such a great influence. As for the attachment, that's just a tall, and very well made I might add, paper mache model of a GameBoy. It could have been used as an advertisement back when it was first released. Was it part of a commercail? Maybe, but there is one thing for sure. There is no such thing as a three foot tall GameBoy. The GB was made for portable use, and I wouldn't exactly call [i]that[/i] portable, heh.[/COLOR]

:blah:
Guest lasereyes
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solid Snake [/i]
[B]
[COLOR=teal]As for the link, there is something in today's society that we like to call a political cartoon. This is as such. It most likely shows the relationship of the GameBoy to the people, saying that it has had such a great influence. As for the attachment, that's just a tall, and very well made I might add, paper mache model of a GameBoy. It could have been used as an advertisement back when it was first released. Was it part of a commercail? Maybe, but there is one thing for sure. There is no such thing as a three foot tall GameBoy.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

What are you? Some kind of "know-it-all" that doesn't even think to check out the gameman link before opening up your big mouth?

While this project can be seen as a response to society and culture today, I can tell you that it is NOT "just a tall, and very well made" paper model. It has NOT been around since the GameBoy was first released, and it was NEVER part of a commercial.

It is in fact, very real, very heavy, and very usable. So before you go dismissing this project as just some political cartoon, I invite you to come pick up all 100 pounds of it (108 if you add the cartridge) and take a look at the craftsmanship and skill that went into creating it.
Posted
Hey, watch the flaming...

As for the oversized gameboy...it is very possible for nintendo to create...IMO: just attach a super gameboy to a SNES, which is attached to a fairly small flat screen TV, alter the control input pad to accept the buttons on the outside, cover with durable plastic, color... and Voila! The 3 foot gameboy...

But purely just for show at some video game convention obviously...
Posted
It's be great to own one of those... :drunk: It'd be pretty hard to make one, though as mentioned, it's quite possible.

I just think that if they put them out on the market, I'm not sure if people would buy it or not..... I know if I had the money, I'd buy one.... :D Though I doubt, if it is real, it'll go out on the market....
Guest Solid Snake
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lasereyes [/i]
[B]

What are you? Some kind of "know-it-all" that doesn't even think to check out the gameman link before opening up your big mouth?

While this project can be seen as a response to society and culture today, I can tell you that it is NOT "just a tall, and very well made" paper model. It has NOT been around since the GameBoy was first released, and it was NEVER part of a commercial.

It is in fact, very real, very heavy, and very usable. So before you go dismissing this project as just some political cartoon, I invite you to come pick up all 100 pounds of it (108 if you add the cartridge) and take a look at the craftsmanship and skill that went into creating it. [/B][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=teal]Excuse me? Did you just register yourself under a different name than whoever you are just to flame me? Sorry, I don't like to "argue" over message boards, so maybe we could do this another time. I did indeed look at the link carefully, and gave my insight on it. If I can't do that, in your standards, then what is the point of a message board? We are here to discuss our own opinions to a topic, and thus I gave my own. It seems like you own one of these GameBoys yourself, for you are making the judgement that it is neither made of paper, nor is light, which I cannot tell just by looking over the image. Did you weigh it yourself? I congratulate you, and would like to say that you take a great notion to art. I must recommend that you would do great when posting in the Art/ Design forum, other than critisizing a member here. Perhaps you should learn the rules of this message board before you come back and make more of a fool out of yourself. Thank you.

Anyway, it seems that I have drifted off-topic. I agree with what RicoTranzrig about it being used in a video game convention, though it would have probably been hard to play with bottons so big. Ah, well, that's if it exists at all. [/COLOR]

:blah:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by lasereyes [/i]
[B]
It is in fact, very real, very heavy, and very usable. So before you go dismissing this project as just some political cartoon, I invite you to come pick up all 100 pounds of it (108 if you add the cartridge) and take a look at the craftsmanship and skill that went into creating it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Why would they make 8 pound cartridges? If this really is a playable game boy, i'm sure they would have fake cartridges that aren't so heavy, and have a place to put in the regular game boy games. Of corse, only if it [I]acctualy [/I] is a working game boy.
Posted
[SIZE=1][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]hmmmmm this thread is closed ;) now as for that thing... it probably isnt real... the gameboy is PORTABLE lol they may make something like it for a home console kinda like the super gameboy... but i doubt it... that is a waste of resources they wouldnt sell enuff of them for a profit... and if it is 3 feet and weighs 100 pounds o.o something is wrong my monitor on top of my hardrive is over 3 feet and it isnt 100 pounds... hell most of the stuff i carry at target is 6X3X1 and isnt 100 pounds... so um yea... lasereyes hope u dont have another name ill be checking ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...