OtakuBoards

old anime

drysy

I was wondering how many people used to watch the robotech series,macross saga or any other sagas. This was my favourite anime when i was about 12 and at 18 i have just borrowed the whole series of my mate and have found out why i liked it so much.

does anyone else share my thoughts

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Macross/Robotech is my favorite anime of all time Originally I was only 3 when It came out but remember it to this day! Since we're on the topic of Robotech.

What was your all time favorite episode!
Who was your favorite Character!
Who was your least Favorite!
What was your favorite song!

I'll answer these questions when I see a response!;)

hey

favourite episode: showdown,because of the new veritech skull squadron fighter

Favourite charachter: Rick Hunter of course

least favourite: Probaly Kyron

Favourite song: The oppening theme song of the show

Robotech was reason for me to start watching other animes

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
My favorite episode was Rainy Night, the episode in which Rick Hunter and Lisa Hayes got into a big argument about, Rick's personal life being that personal. It also demonstrated how Lisa was too afraid to tell her feelings towards Rick even though she cared for him very much, thanks to Claudia she was able to open up to her feelings about Rick! I guess I'm a sucker for those few romantic episodes in Robotech!

Favorite Character is obviously Rick Hunter, and Lisa Hayes
Least Favorite Character is Lynn Minmei, I just can't stand her!
Favorite song was from the New Generation, by Lancer entitled Lonely Soldier Boy.

By the way to clear up the misconceptions the woman's name you were looking for Merchant was Lisa Hayes, and also its spelled Zentradi!

Guest Shift
[COLOR=royalblue]I hear so much about Macross and yet I have never seen one episode!! I need to see some more anime! I've only seen a few![/COLOR]

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Macross is basically the first Generation of Robotech, however the robotech dub of Macross, changes major elements of Macross and alters the story in certain parts! If you have seen Robotech I highly recommend you see Macross, there are so many scenes that were cut out of the Robotech counterpart and the story is actually much better!:D

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Actually first it became Macross 2 which was set in an alternate universe based off the first Macross movie, then it went to Macross Plus, which in turn then came out with a new Series called Macross 7 which ended off with the OVA series Macross 7 Dynamite!

Macross was my favorite anime along side Teknoman (Tekkaman Blade). My favorite show was the episode where max fights mirim for the first time. They killed each other, when they fight, the action is bound to be cool. Its also the show where Roy Folker unforunately dies. My second favorite show was "Force of arms", that show was wicked. I liked how the Macross blew up the enemy mother ship from the inside and used the pin-point barrier shield to get out of it. I hated all the songs except the one they played in "Force of arms", unforunately when I saw the orginal Japanese verison, minmay sang one of her own songs and I screamed til my ears bleed. My favorite character is Max Sterling (Max Jeinus). Man, this guy can fly, everytime I play a mech or flight game, I try my damnest to fly like him! My second favorite is Rick Hunter (Man thats feels weird). He does fly as crazy as Max but he still has some nice tricks up his sleeve too. Besides anyone who flies the skull one HAS to be a great pilot. I hated Minmay (Who doesn't hate her?!?!). I jumped for joy when Rick smacked her (and good too, represented eveyone on this planet who didn't like her :devil: ) in Macross the movie: Do you remember love?

Finally let me ask one question to add to Rick Hunter's questions:
Which was your favorite plane? I loved the Skull one. Its the only fighter that always comes back from a battle, with or without damage. Plus with that Skull insignia, you know you're dead if you're being chased