OtakuBoards

Digimon Fanfic: Something's Wrong in the Digital World, Chapter 1

Armadillomon

OK, this might be better in the Digimon section, since that's what this story's about, but I'm posting it here, anyway, for now.

[U]Something's Wrong in the Digital World[/U]

[B]Introduction[/B]

Hey, Ken here. Hard to believe it's been six months since we defeated MaloMyotismon. We've all kept in touch, and our new Digimon spend as much time in our world as they do in their own. As for me, I found out that I get to go to America for a week to live with this kid named David. It's a school thing, but you can bet that I'll still take Wormmon with me! Anyway, I've gotta go. My mom's calling me, and I don't want to keep her waiting!

[B]Chapter 1-Worried Wormmon[/B]

"Ken, dinner's ready," Mrs. Ichijouji said. Her son, Ken, was in his room reading.

"Be down in a minute," came his reply. He walked to his computer and held up his black D-3. "Digiport, open!"

As he said these words, an image spiraled out from the center of the computer monitor. It was a Digiport, and it displayed the image of a small green insect Digimon.

"Hey, Wormmon!" Ken greeted his partner Digimon. He noticed the depressed look on Wormmon's face. "Is something wrong?" he asked.

"Not really, unless you think that someone going around, destroying the Digital World is wrong," came the Digimon's reply. Wormmon was obviously shaken up about something.

"You look like you've just seen Khimeramon's ghost. Why don't you come back here and tell me about it, okay?" Wormmon's face relaxed after Ken said this. He stepped through the Digiport and appeared moments later in Ken's bedroom. Once Wormmon saw Ken, he leaped into his arms and cried.

"It's terrible, Ken!" he began. "Everything's destroyed. Somebody's gone around and made a mess of everything. It's horrible." Ken was hugging his Digimon, trying to make him feel better.

"If it helps, I'll e-mail Davis and the others. We can check things out tomorrow." This seemed to put Wormmon at ease.

"Ken, your meatloaf casserol is getting cold," Mrs. Ichijoji was getting impatient.

Ken set Wormmon on his bed. "Don't worry, pal. It will be okay."

"Thanks. Oh, Ken?"

"Yes?"

"Bring me some meatloaf casserole, please."

Ken smiled and left the room.

[B]Chapter 2-Meeting in the Park[/B]

"Where's Ken? He said he'd be here five minutes ago." Davis was pacing back and forth. His partner, Veemon, was giving him a disgusted look. Davis had a habit of getting strange looks from people.

"Davis, sit down. It's not like you've never been late to a meeting before." TK spoke for everyone when he said this. Patamon, a small orange and white Digimon with wings, agreed with his partner.

Just then, Ken and Wormmon entered the park. "Sorry we're late. Wormmon insisted that I brought a snack." Ken opened a paper sack. At the smell of food, Armadillomon and Veemon ran to Wormmon's side.

"Oh, boy! Meatloaf casserole!" Armadillomon was in ecstacy.

Veemon was the next one to choose food from Ken's bag. "Meatloaf stew, my favorite!" By the time Wormmon got to the bag, all that was left was a thermos. He took it out of the bag and removed the lid.

"Yum, a meatloaf milkshake!" Wormmon exclaimed. Gatomon and Patamon, as well as the Digi-Destined, just looked at the feasting Digimon with sick expressions.

"I think I'd lose seven of my nine lives if I took a drink from that thing. Gross!" Gatomon said what everyone else was thinking.

Ken's D-Terminal beeped, indicating that he had received an e-mail. it was from Yolei.

[I]Ken:
Sorry, I can't come to the meeting. I have to go to a computer show with the school's computer club. Good luck!
-Yolei[/I]

"What's it say?" Cody asked.

"It's from Yolei. She can't be here to help us because she has to go to a computer show for school," Ken replied, then he got right to business.

"Okay. The reason I called this meeting is because of what Wormmon saw in the Digital World last night." Ken turned to his Digimon, who had just finished his milkshake. "Wormmon, please tell them what you told me yesterday."

Wormmon looked at the group and betgan to describe what he had seen. As he told the others of the Digital World's condition, they all became noticably concerned.

"That's terrible!" Kari shouted. "Who would do something like that?"

"I don't get it," Cody said. "I thought the Digital World was protected byt Owikawa's gift."

"So did I," Ken stated, "but somehow, somebody is attacking the Digital World."

Davis was ready for action. "Well, then, what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

TK wasn't so sure. "Normally I'd want to stop whoever is doing this, but it's been a long time since our Diogimon have had to fight." He looked at the Digimon. "They might not be up to it."

Patamon hopped off of TK's head and looked him in the eyes. "What are you talking about? Of course we're up to it!" The other Digimon all nodded in agreement.

Ken smiled at Wormmon. "See," he began, "I told you they'd help." Then he turned to the others. "There's a computer we can use in the library. Let's go."

The Digimon walked to their partners, and they headed to the library.

"Thanks, Ken," Wormmon said. Ken picked him up and went to the library with his partner in his arms.

[B]Chapter 3-Surveying the Damage[/B]

"Oh, look at all the destruction. It's awful!" Kari was shocked. There were trees knocked down and buildings collapsed everywhere.

"This isn't good," Cody said. "Who's doing this?"

"I don't know, but we can take him, can't we, Veemon?" Davis, as usual, was jumping ahead of himself, but Veemon agreed. [I]They could take down whoever was doing this[/I], he thought.

"TK, we should split up and try to see what's going on, Patamon suggested to his partner.

"Patamon's right, you guys," TK said. "We can cover more ground that way." The others agreed with him.

TK continued: "Kari and I will take a look from the air. Cody, you cross the lake and see if there's anyone on the other side that can help. Ken, you and Davis search the woods. Now that that's settled, let's go!"

After Patamon and Gatomon Armor Digivolved into Pegasusmon and Nefertimon, TK and Kari flew off. Cody and Armadillomon walked to the edge of the lake. Armadillomon Armor Digivolved to Submarimon, and Cody got inside of him. They dove into the lake and swam off.

That left Davis and Ken. They were walking through the forest. As they went on, the damage was getting worse. Ken was getting angry, and Wormmon could tell.

"Ken, what's wrong?" He asked.

"I was just thinking about how no matter how many evil Digimon we fight, new ones keep coming to cause problems.

"Don't worry, Ken," Wormmon consoled his companion. "I'm here, and so is everyone else. Right, Veemon?"

"Yeah," Veemon answered, "Davis and I are here to help the Digital World, too. Isn't that right, Davis? Uh, Davis?"

Davis was muttering about something and was completely oblivious to what was happening around him.

"How come TB got to go with Kari, and I have to go with Ken?" Davis wasn't helping Ken's morale at all. Veemon nudged Davis in the leg.

"Uh, I don't think you're helping the problem, Davis." Veemon, as always, was trying to keep Davis from digging an even deeper hole for himself. Davis didn't get the chance to make things worse, however, because just then, they all heard a rustling in the bushes. Veemon and Wormmon instantly prepared to defend their human partners.

Suddenly, a pink mouse popped out of the shrubbery. He saw the two Digimon and the two Digi-Destined, and smiled to himself.

"Great!" the Digimon said, "She'll be happy to know that you're here." He turned and ran. That's when Davis noticed something shiny on the mouse's neck.

"Stop that Chuumon!" Davis shouted. Wormmon and Veemon chased after the fleeing Digimon.

"Sticky Net!" Wormmon's attack held Chuumon in place.

"Good!" Davis said. "Now, Veemon, get that Dark Ring!" Veemon lept into the air.

"Vee Headbutt!" He slammed into the Dark Ring on Chuumon's neck. It cracked, and then shattered into a million tiny pieces before finally disappearing.

"Hey, little guy," Davis approached the trembling Chuumon. "Who put that Dark Ring on you?"

"Huh, what Dark Ring?" Chuumon was still unsure of what was going on. "I thought the Digimon Emperor was good now." At the mention of his former title, Ken turned away. Even though it had been a long time since he last held the Emperor's whip, he still hadn't completely gotten over it yet.

"Don't you remember anything that happened to you?" Veemon asked. Chuumon thought for a moment, and then answered him.

"All I remeber was I was running through the woods," he explained. "All of the sudden, I felt something go around my neck. The next thing I remeber is seeing you guys."

"Hey, Chuumon?" Ken had returned to the group. "Will you help us find out what's going on here?"

"Yes, I'd be happy to," Chuumon answered. Ken, Davis, Wormmon, Veemon, and Chuumon continued on into the forest.

• 1 month later...
Sorry about double-posting, but it was the only way to get this moved to the front page again.

[B]Chapter 4-Familiar Face[/B]

"It's a great day for a swim, isn't it, Cody?" Submarimon and Cody were in the lake. When Cody first got the Digi-Egg of Reliability, he was terrified of the water, but once Armadillomon gained the ability to Armor Digivolve into Submarimon, Cody's fear of water disappeared.

"Yeah," Cody replied. "You know, Submarimon, we haven't done this in a while. Once we stop whoever's behind the damage, we should do this more often."

"You got it, Cody!" Submarimon promised. "In fact, we should..." Submarimon was interrupted when something hit him from behind. He turned around and saw Seadramon.

"Ice Blast!" Submarimon was hit again, this time head-on. Cody was getting angry.

"Get him, Submarimon!" he yelled. Then, he got a glimpse of Seadramon's tail. [I]A Dark Ring? How did that get there?[/I] he thought. He changed his command. "Just aim for that Dark Ring, okay?"

"No problem," his Digimon said. "Oxygen Torpedo!" Two blasts of air hit Seadramon's tail but missed the Ring. Seadramon fired another shot.

"Ice Blast!" Seadramon's attacked grazed Submarimon's fin. Submarimon was racing towards Seadramon's tail. He rammed the Dark Ring as hard as he could. It cracked and fell off.

The battle created a strong current. It swept Seadramon and Submarimon onto the shore. Once they were there, Cody got out of Submarimon, who then de-Digivolved back to Armadillomon.

"We broke the Dark Ring," Armadillomon observed, "so why is he still all wierd?"

Suddenly, Seadramon began to shrink. He returned to a form Armadillomon and Cody both recognized.

"Betamon!" They both knew instantly. Betamon was the partner of another Digidestined child, a kid named Michael who lives in America.

Betamon's eyes opened. "Michael?" He saw Cody and Armadillomon both standing over him. "Huh? What happened?"

Cody held up the broken Dark Ring. Betamon instantly knew what had happened.

"Do you remember who put this on you, Betamon?" Cody asked.

"Yes," Betamon then proceeded to tell them what had happened.

"I was swimming along, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, a mean woman threw a bunch of Dark Rings into the lake. I swam as fast as I could, but it was just no use. Next thing I know, I'm on the beach talking to you guys."

"That Dark Ring made you Digivolve to Seadramon," Cody said. Betamon was apologizing when Cody's D-Terminal chirped. He pulled it out of his pocket. He had a message from Davis.

[I]Hey Everybody,
Found a Chuumon with a Dark Ring. We broke it, but he wasn't much help. Anyone else had any luck?
-Davis[/I]

Cody sent a reply, and then he asked Betamon a question.

"Want to guard the beach?" he asked.

"I would be happy to, guys," he answered.

With that, Cody and Armadillomon continued along the beach, looking for someone else that could tell them what was going on.