Guest BulmaVegeta1 Posted April 13, 2002 Posted April 13, 2002 I've watched the 2 time machine movies, the new one and the 60's one, and I can't decide which one I like the best. I've also read the book. I couldn't beleive how different the movies were from the book!:eek: I didn't like the end of the new movie though, I think it sucked. Anyone else know anything about the time machine? PS: I think H.G. Wells is a psycho (he's got some wierd ideas/the stuff I know about him is SCARY!!!):nervous: :worried:
spike speigel Posted April 13, 2002 Posted April 13, 2002 I've seen both movies and read the book and i conclud that the book is way better. The movies sucked. The new one was so hard to follow i got lost.:confused:
Guest BulmaVegeta1 Posted April 13, 2002 Posted April 13, 2002 Yes, I agree with you, the movies sucked. The book is the best.:cool:
spike speigel Posted April 13, 2002 Posted April 13, 2002 Why do they call the main character in the book "The Time Traveler" ? I think H.G. Wells was just being lazy.
Guest BulmaVegeta1 Posted April 14, 2002 Posted April 14, 2002 It's not that he's lazy, he just didn't want to reveal his name to anyone...Sort of like a suspense story...I can't remember at the moment why HG Wells didn't give proper names to anyone, but I'm sure he did it for a good reason.
sexyjessie4 Posted April 15, 2002 Posted April 15, 2002 I saw the new movie and I seriously hated it!! I was lost and didn't really understand what was going on and nothing seemed to connect to each other...so I guess I'm just wondering if I should read the book (is it really that much better than the movie??)
ZeoMiraiTrunks Posted April 15, 2002 Posted April 15, 2002 The movie was a total bomb. I wasted $7.99 to see it, hoping it would be as good of a transition from the book as Lord of The Rings was but I was severely dissapointed.
Guest BulmaVegeta1 Posted April 15, 2002 Posted April 15, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sexyjessie4 [/i] [B]I saw the new movie and I seriously hated it!! I was lost and didn't really understand what was going on and nothing seemed to connect to each other...so I guess I'm just wondering if I should read the book (is it really that much better than the movie??) [/B][/QUOTE] Don't bother reading the book. If you couldn't understand the movie, you'll NEVER understand the book. PS: The movie and the book are TOTALLY different from each other.
Kinetic Posted April 16, 2002 Posted April 16, 2002 Heh, I thought the movie looked cool, thank god I didn't go see it
spike speigel Posted April 16, 2002 Posted April 16, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i] [B]Heh, I thought the movie looked cool, thank god I didn't go see it [/B][/QUOTE] Your right to thank God you didn't see it. It stunk.
Ravenstorture Posted April 19, 2002 Posted April 19, 2002 Well, the movie had some pretty good graphics with the whole going forward in time bit and those amazing little houses on the rivercliffs were cool, but am I wrong in thinking that movies usually have to contain some sort of plot? Anyway, I'm not sure if the book was even based on the novel by HG Wells, was it? I haven't read the book, but I didn't remember the movie stating that it was based on the novel. I think that if the movie was based on the novel, it probably would have been alot more enjoyable.
Fall Posted April 29, 2002 Posted April 29, 2002 I liked the movie. I haven't read the book, or have watched the 60s movie, though I reckon the movie that just hit the cinemas here was pretty good. I'd rank it as one of my favourites.... o.O;;
spike speigel Posted April 30, 2002 Posted April 30, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ravenstorture [/i] [B]Well, the movie had some pretty good graphics with the whole going forward in time bit and those amazing little houses on the rivercliffs were cool, but am I wrong in thinking that movies usually have to contain some sort of plot? Anyway, I'm not sure if the book was even based on the novel by HG Wells, was it? I haven't read the book, but I didn't remember the movie stating that it was based on the novel. I think that if the movie was based on the novel, it probably would have been alot more enjoyable. [/B][/QUOTE] Yes the movie was based on the novel. it says so in the beginning. Not to mention how they took a few things from the book.
jrcjrc Posted May 5, 2002 Posted May 5, 2002 I haven't yet seen the Time Machine but I am looking forward to seeing it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now